kayumanggi

US | 03.22.2019 | Universal | 13th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

On 3/9/2019 at 7:09 PM, Nova said:

I don’t want Jordan Peele to direct a Black Panther movie. That’s Ryan Coogler’s franchise. I want Jordan Peele to be able to direct his very own franchise movie and be able to put his twists and stuff in it. I feel like he’d be a great fit to write and direct Blade movies. 

Honestly, I’d prefer him to make his own original material like this.

• Like 4

Wish I could remember where I found it, but I believe Peele's talked about how he's much more invested in creating original concepts and worlds than he is working on established IPs, which I feel is far better for him. Feels like every up-and-coming filmmaker gets forced to make corporate IP at some point, so it's nice to see at least one new filmmaker is allowed to do his own thing

Edited by CoolEric258
  • Like 5

27 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Wish I could remember where I found it, but I believe Peele's talked about how he's much more invested in creating original concepts and worlds than he is working on established IPs, which I feel is far better for him. Feels like every up-and-coming filmmaker gets forced to make corporate IP at some point, so it's nice to see at least one new filmmaker is allowed to do his own thing

I mean he is doing Twilight Zone

1 hour ago, Mulder said:

I mean he is doing Twilight Zone

The Twilight Zone is original, individual stories presented in an analogy series structure.  Even if they do "remakes" of some of the classic stories, it will still feel unique, because they'll be updated for the times.  

7 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

The Twilight Zone is original, individual stories presented in an analogy series structure.  Even if they do "remakes" of some of the classic stories, it will still feel unique, because they'll be updated for the times.  

Yeah but it's still an IP.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

7 hours ago, Nova said:

I was mostly just commenting on if he were to direct a CBM :ph34r: cause yea I agree with you  

I would love to see his take on an iconic black character like STORM. If they ever decide to give Storm her own solo film. I feel that the social tensions in the world of the X-men could work well with his style. 

On 3/11/2019 at 10:11 PM, Blaze Heatnix said:

Well, that's basically what the trailer sells ( a family gets attacked by their own doppelgangers ).

So, if it's not that, then it's going to be a problem. Sure, this is a Jordan Peele's movie, so it's not goona be simple, but the main idea has to be what's sold by the trailer. Audiences don't like being tricked into watching something that doesn't end up being another thing.

It Comes At Night had this problem. Trailer sells a movie that doesn't happen like the trailer sells you. I don't know, i'm curious about Us, but I'm not crazy about it. 

There's more going on than the trailers let on, but this isn't a bait and switch. It's still very much traditional horror to some extent and very audience-friendly...until the ending. Ending might be polarizing. 

5 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

Gotta love the resentment from Futurist whenever an auteur-driven movie gets critical acclaim. It never fails.

And this time is doubly painful for him, because US is the film that will dethrone his precious MCU film from the top spot on the box office charts. Ooooh, he will post so many hot takes during that weekend... LOL

• Haha 1