kayumanggi

US | 03.22.2019 | Universal | 13th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

4 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Some people said the third act is quite weird and nuts. Others say the ending is polarising...

For those who watched it, how could you define "weird" in that case?

Is it something polarising like Glass ending? Something weird like Sorry to Bother You ( the third act ) ?

It's very audience friendly in general and, besides a few quirks, is mostly straightforward horror in terms of narrative. Its brilliance comes from the way the story is told. Things take a turn in the third act but it's still mostly good vs evil shit. The "weird" stuff is in the margins. Only thing that might be polarizing is the very, very end. 

I could be wrong of course, but this ain't any more weird than Inception. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

he's so mad about any low budget movie that gets good reviews. such a weird compulsion to have. should talk to a therapist about it.

Or any movie that doesn't have Jennifer Lawrence in it. She hasn't been on screen since Red Sparrow more than a year ago so I imagine the withdrawal has been even more excruciating than usual.

The only thing Futurist is more protective of than "Joes and Janes", is the Joes and Janes' apparent need to not be exposed to anything above the lowest common denominator. He thinks filmmakers who treat movies as art are those that are being condescending to the mass audience, but really, who has a lower opinion of it than him?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

The only thing Futurist is more protective of than "Joes and Janes", is the Joes and Janes' apparent need to not be exposed to anything above the lowest common denominator. He thinks filmmakers who treat movies as art are those that are being condescending to the mass audience, but really, who has a lower opinion of it than him?

The contrast he has with the Joes and Janes taste of music is just funny or when Joes and Janes do not go for Alita, I am not sure it is fully thought of, it is just an act that he knows triggers us I would imagine.

The funniest is when he like the movie and still sound angry about it not being more geared toward Joes and Janes, has if the movie success was more important than the movie being a good time when he personally watch it.

59 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Wonder if this will be able to duplicate GO’s acclaim to award season? We’ve been having at least one bp released in q1 the past few years. 

I think it's certainly possible, Peele already has the Oscar cred built up from GO. Lupita may be in contention as well.