kayumanggi

US | 03.22.2019 | Universal | 13th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

I don’t want Jordan Peele to direct a Black Panther movie. That’s Ryan Coogler’s franchise. I want Jordan Peele to be able to direct his very own franchise movie and be able to put his twists and stuff in it. I feel like he’d be a great fit to write and direct Blade movies. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jake Gittes said:

The loftiest goal a filmmaker can have.

Mr Peele won't debase himself like that, he is an artist.

Imagine that, wanting to direct a movie for the lumpenproletariat, what a horrible idea.

He will keep directing movies for the coasts.

Edited by The Futurist

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

So, are audiences going to love this one, or is this going to be another Hereditary, with critics loving it and audiences not loving it?

Some reviews are calling this movie "artsy", so I don't know what to say. I'm still curious about the plot. Has anybody already watched it?

I mean you could call Get Out “artsy” too. I’m sure audiences are expecting something unconventional from him. 

Has Feige ever expressed anything about potentially expanding the MCU to include Marvel Comics' horror side of things? Or would that be not family-friendly enough? I would love to see characters like Son of Satan, Mephisto, Satana, Jennifer Kale, and Terror Inc in blockbuster form...

1 hour ago, Nova said:

I don’t want Jordan Peele to direct a Black Panther movie. That’s Ryan Coogler’s franchise. I want Jordan Peele to be able to direct his very own franchise movie and be able to put his twists and stuff in it. I feel like he’d be a great fit to write and direct Blade movies. 

Which film studio owns Blade? I'd love if Peele got his hands on a Marvel or DC property...

9 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Which film studio owns Blade? I'd love if Peele got his hands on a Marvel or DC property...

Marvel. Only things Marvel doesn't own/isn't about to own/doesn't own fully atm are Spider-Man, Namor, and Hulk.

2 hours ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Has Feige ever expressed anything about potentially expanding the MCU to include Marvel Comics' horror side of things? Or would that be not family-friendly enough? I would love to see characters like Son of Satan, Mephisto, Satana, Jennifer Kale, and Terror Inc in blockbuster form...

You can discuss MCU in 75% of the other treads on this site

Edited by sgrave

49 minutes ago, Hunch said:

The tweet calling him the new Spielberg lmao. More like the new M. Night Shyamalan. He needs to make huge acclaimed films in a variety of genres before he can be the new Spielberg.

Who is Spielberg? Never heard of her. 

1 hour ago, La Binoche said:

Will this be as monstrously overrated as GET OUT? 

You can tell that once the hype is over and the dust has cleared, people will look back on this and go, "wellllllll, was it actually that good?" 

And then they will answer that question by saying hell yea it was.

1 hour ago, La Binoche said:

Will this be as monstrously overrated as GET OUT? 

You can tell that once the hype is over and the dust has cleared, people will look back on this and go, "wellllllll, was it actually that good?" 

Get Out is one of the best movies of the decade.  I expect Us to live up to the hype.