kayumanggi

US | 03.22.2019 | Universal | 13th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

3 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Sounds like it's going to be crazy either way. Jordan Peele's stock is at an all time high right now.  

How did it get so high so quickly? The presale numbers are amazing.

It shows that horror is the way to go at the moment for young, ambitious directors. The genre has massive critical support, and is almost the only way to get big box office numbers with a small budget.

• Like 1

On the ending - all i can say is that...

The movie for me is above average, perhaps an 7.5/10 overall assuming a normal ending.

Jordan Peele delibrately wanted that ending - and i felt it bumped up my score to 9/10.

Basically what I am saying is; the willingness to take such risks is what sets great directors from good directors.

He wanted an ending that sets people thinking and discussing after the film. I think he made it happened.

But i can see why some people are worried.. but honestly i don't see much grounds for disliking the ending unless you are trying to nitpick.

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

How did it get so high so quickly? The presale numbers are amazing.

It shows that horror is the way to go at the moment for young, ambitious directors. The genre has massive critical support, and is almost the only way to get big box office numbers with a small budget.

I knew him from his Mad TV days. Then he developed a somewhat bigger following on social media from Key and Peele (videos were very popular on youtube). 

Get Out was a surprise hit with insane legs. Then the oscar win and other nominations put him over the top. It's a great story overall and got many headlines.

Then you add the horror genre aspect like you mentioned and boom. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

The movie for me is above average, perhaps an 7.5/10 overall assuming a normal ending.

Jordan Peele delibrately wanted that ending - and i felt it bumped up my score to 9/10.

Basically what I am saying is; the willingness to take such risks is what sets great directors from good directors.

He wanted an ending that sets people thinking and discussing after the film. I think he made it happened.

But i can see why some people are worried.. but honestly i don't see much grounds for disliking the ending unless you are trying to nitpick.

If it's inspired by the Twilight Zone folks have mentioned, ending is gonna be great.

: very original terror tale led by a tour-de-force awards-worthy double performance by . Light humor sprinkled thru-out, but story focuses on frights that keep building. Creepy score heightens the tension way up & delivers the scares.

31 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Enjoyed it more than GO, but actually think it a lesser movie. Certainly didn't feel as original as GO or as well paced, but still an above average movie. 

is Lupita getting nominated? she's getting insane raves and looks fantastic in previews. Hopefully Uni doesn't screw it up.

1 hour ago, TigerPaw said:

it leaked on reddit and 4chan so all I can say is that it sounds fantastic and is well set up, isn't out of blue. can't wait to see it in execution tomorrow.

35 minutes ago, LexJoker said:

Don't know about anyone else in BOT, but Tele has clout in the Academy. He maybe the only person here to help someone get nominated to the Oscars.

the ball is in his court after the movie finishes its boxoffice run. he must remind AMPAS of Lupita's greatness.