kayumanggi

US | 03.22.2019 | Universal | 13th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

the ending was awesome, it elevates the themes of the film and makes a lot of sense. Though they could've done with less exposition.

the soundtrack and the score kept getting better as the movie went on (some of the best uses of music in horror films) and I loved the confrontation at the end.

Lupita Nyong'o was by far the best part and should get an Oscar nom for her performance but as Toni Collette was snubbed last year for her performance in Hereditary, cus it's a horror movie, Lupita will probably be ignored.

I still prefer Get Out but this was more of a fast paced Horror flick (there's still a bunch of social commentary and allegories but not to the same degree as Get Out). also it wasn't as funny as Get Out but still got a few laughs from my audience.

overall it's a solid 8.5/10. try to go in as spoiler free as possible as there are few pleasant surprises :ph34r:.

really hope this breaks out and does gangbusters as we need more original horror films like Us ;) 

Edited by RealLyre
  • Like 1

I am seeing the film tomorrow night, and I'm looking forward to it.

2 hours ago, YLF said:

What does n I r d stand for?

Not Cool

Ignore

Don't quote

In other words, ignore the trolls (in this case, the racist). Instead:

- React to the offending post with the "Not Cool" reaction, or ignore it altogether.

- Report the post using the "Report post" button at the top, right hand side of the post.

- Do NOT ever quote the post and perpetuate the madness.

#GreatestAcronymEver

Peace,

Mike

Edited by MikeQ
  • Like 3

I was just about to say that I’m going to go into this completely cold but then I decided I didn’t want to have 2 posts in a row. I’ve now changed my mind and I’ve decided to make this post. 

I had that thought then switched the channel to BBC News, the movie show was on and I timed the channel switch to see some footage and hear the word doppelgänger. 

Damn!