kayumanggi

US | 03.22.2019 | Universal | 13th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

Holy shit this movie is a masterpiece.  Absolute perfect blend of horror and comedy (it's astonishing how well Peele tows this line) and some of the most genuinely satisfying payoffs in any movie I've seen for a long time.  I can't wait to watch this a thousand more times.

• Like 6
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Holy shit this movie is a masterpiece.  Absolute perfect blend of horror and comedy (it's astonishing how well Peele tows this line) and some of the most genuinely satisfying payoffs in any movie I've seen for a long time.  I can't wait to watch this a thousand more times.

Better or worse than Get Out? (Just about to start a rewatch on the latter)

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Better or worse than Get Out? (Just about to start a rewatch on the latter)

Better.

Would also like to say that my crowd LOVED this movie.  Nearly sold out audience too (only open seats were in the front two rows).  This is going to play very well over the weekend.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Better.

Would also like to say that my crowd LOVED this movie.  Nearly sold out audience too (only open seats were in the front two rows).  This is going to play very well over the weekend.

That last statement's got me hyped, considering my theater's demographics. Watching Black Panther in my majority-black theater was one of the wildest experiences ever.

• Like 1

WHERE IS THE SPOILER THREAD??????????????????????????

Loved loved loved this! Holy shit what a fun ride! I hope horror fans won't be disappointed that the movie is. so. much. fun. There are laughs followed by oh shit then laughs again then oh shit. everyone was their A Game. Winston Duke is gonna be a superstar. He is so natural. All kids are fantastic. White couple absolutely owns lmao and their house is a mini MVP you'll see what I mean. But the movie belongs to Lupita who should win all awards, nom isn't enough, this is one of those unforgettable superstar turns. :worthy: I really need spoiler thread to discuss why her performance is so freakin amazing.

I don't see why this wouldn't have strong legs and WOM. it's absolutely fab. it has laughs, thrills, scares and a twist that is really well set up and doesn't come out of nowhere. you may pick up on clues which are abound and if not once it's revealed everything will fall into place and you'll see the whole thing in a different light, so it's a win any way you slice it.

Also, there's a jaw dropping editing job near the end, if you saw the movie you know what I mean. Wow. 

what are you waiting for? see the movie now!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

WHERE IS THE SPOILER THREAD??????????????????????????

Loved loved loved this! Holy shit what a fun ride! I hope horror fans won't be disappointed that the movie is. so. much. fun. There are laughs followed by oh shit then laughs again then oh shit. everyone was their A Game. Winston Duke is gonna be a superstar. He is so natural. All kids are fantastic. White couple absolutely owns lmao and their house is a mini MVP you'll see what I mean. But the movie belongs to Lupita who should win all awards, nom isn't enough, this is one of those unforgettable superstar turns. :worthy: I really need spoiler thread to discuss why her performance is so freakin amazing.

I don't see why this wouldn't have strong legs and WOM. it's absolutely fab. it has laughs, thrills, scares and a twist that is really well set up and doesn't come out of nowhere. you may pick up on clues which are abound and if not once it's revealed everything will fall into place and you'll see the whole thing in a different light, so it's a win any way you slice it.

Also, there's a jaw dropping editing job near the end, if you saw the movie you know what I mean. Wow. 

what are you waiting for? see the movie now!

You forgot the score. There're two particular pieces that still stuck in my head now, and i saw the movie 2 days ago. Freaking stunning.

2 hours ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

You forgot the score. There're two particular pieces that still stuck in my head now, and i saw the movie 2 days ago. Freaking stunning.

think you're talking about this 

when it played during the final confrontation and the whole montage/editing in that scene was breathtaking, Lupita is GOAT

Edited by RealLyre

Not sure whether it’s a taste issue or what , but US is getting pretty mediocre/below average reviews in Hong Kong.

biggest movie site for review - HKmovie6 has it at 3.1 out of 5, after 34 reviews

average for films there is around 3.5, even Captain Marvel has a 3.6.

i note that Hong Kong is considered one of the most mature markets in Asia in terms of movie taste, where films like Dark Knight trilogy and inception did very well and series like transformers are getting diminishing returns.