kayumanggi

BLACK PANTHER | 646.8 M overseas ● 1346.9 M worldwide

23 hours ago, Green245 said:

Sad. Just sad.

I guess he was right, for China and China only. Most of the actors have never been seen in China before save perhaps Boseman himself, and it almost did identical numbers to ant-man. It’s weird though since BOM says BPs cum total in week 3 is > week 4 which is theoretically impossible so I can’t tell which made more for sure but it looks about dead even otherwise.

23 hours ago, Green245 said:

I wonder if BP will see a slight bump this weekend? It may be tough to notice with the theater losses. But this weekend’s per theater average will be interesting.

I guess it depends how many theaters it’s losing. It lost 250 last week 567 the week before and between 100 and 400 most weekends before. It’s still in more theaters than TFA was at this point in its run but I’m sure IW eats into that with its 4400 expected theaters.

BPs biggest losses in theaters around 400 and 500 came the weekends Pacific Rim, RPO and Rampafe came out and this is a sci-fi blockbuster from its own studio (and plot line) so I’m guessing it loses 600+ to be at around 1500 theatres which is closer to where TFA was at this point in its run. Of course demand will go up so the theatres make more and likely enough to keep it in the top 10.

So let’s say 3M down from 4.8M that’s still 2K per theatre expected. But if it’s defies expectations and sees a bump in velocity it’d be more like 4.5M and 3K per theater.

3 hours ago, MrSinister said:

I guess he was right, for China and China only. Most of the actors have never been seen in China before save perhaps Boseman himself, and it almost did identical numbers to ant-man. It’s weird though since BOM says BPs cum total in week 3 is > week 4 which is theoretically impossible so I can’t tell which made more for sure but it looks about dead even otherwise.

I guess it depends how many theaters it’s losing. It lost 250 last week 567 the week before and between 100 and 400 most weekends before. It’s still in more theaters than TFA was at this point in its run but I’m sure IW eats into that with its 4400 expected theaters.

BPs biggest losses in theaters around 400 and 500 came the weekends Pacific Rim, RPO and Rampafe came out and this is a sci-fi blockbuster from its own studio (and plot line) so I’m guessing it loses 600+ to be at around 1500 theatres which is closer to where TFA was at this point in its run. Of course demand will go up so the theatres make more and likely enough to keep it in the top 10.

So let’s say 3M down from 4.8M that’s still 2K per theatre expected. But if it’s defies expectations and sees a bump in velocity it’d be more like 4.5M and 3K per theater.

It's just one data point, but BP is one of the nine movies my not-exactly-local theater is dropping to make room for IW.

• Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

3 hours ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Aaaaargh, I want this to beat TLJ worldwide, it’s so fucking close:ohmygod:

It’ll probably happen this week (week 11).

im estimating another 5mill this weekend between <2 overseas and >3 domestic (the overseas will be from 4/23-4/29 mind you since the last update we got was 4/23) which puts it 1 mill behind TLJ. It hits that by Thursday of next week. Then It slow crawls another 10M domestically to pass DH2 over the next 3 weeks before the Blu-ray drop. Then it has to hit another 3M before it’s pulled from theaters to reach 700

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Via Deadline:

3rL1.gif

And this is with a domestic number of 688 from there (probably lowballed by about 300k), meaning OS at 645.1 (wow, BP OS total will be super close to IW WW Opening)! That wizard kid is toast.

12 minutes ago, YLF said:

so... is this reaching 700M domestic or not... its only 12M away

It looks locked to me. The IW boosting effect should still last until the home video release date. Even regular drops (>30%) from now on still gets it over $700 million.

• Like 1

Despite the decline in theaters, BP finished in the top 5 for the weekend. And it’s in its 11th week!

IW did give BP a push. This is the first time in history that Marvell has had 2 movies in the top 5 in the same weekend. Amazing!

This is a reminder that BP and IW are on the same team. BP benefited greatly from the Marvel Universe family. And there is no doubt that IW record weekend was helped with the expanded audiences BP brought to Marvel.

Everyobody won.

Edited by Green245
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Green245 said:

Despite the decline in theaters, BP finished in the top 5 for the weekend. And it’s in its 11th week!

IW did give BP a push. This is the first time in history that Marvell has had 2 movies in the top 5 in the same weekend. Amazing!

This is a reminder that BP and IW are on the same team. BP benefited greatly from the Marvel Universe family. And there is no doubt that IW record weekend was helped with the expanded audiences BP brought to Marvel.

Everyobody won.

So true, so happy. Now get that potter movie :D

BP is certainly gonna overtake HP7–P2 WW

It is also likely to top $700M in NA

Taking IW into account, Disney will soon have 5 of the Top 10 films on the worldwide chart and 10 of the Top 20.

Edited by Quigley
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Quigley said:

BP is certainly gonna overtake HP7–P2 WW

It is also likely to top $700M in NA

Taking IW into account, Disney will soon have 5 of the Top 10 films on the worldwide chart and 10 of the Top 20.

Kindve wondering if it has a shot at Avengers adjusted for inflation to become the highest grossing SH movie domestically adjust for inflation but maybe that’s a bit too ambitious considering 2 weeks to dvd/Blu-ray. But this is staying top 5 for a little bit, and I imagine top 10 at least til then, with no wide releases this week and only 2 next.

It’s still bringing in dough in the OS markets. Amazing! 

Only 7.8M away from Potter. Don’t even need that good of a hold in US and it should still do it.

Go T’Challa!