kayumanggi

BLACK PANTHER | 646.8 M overseas ● 1346.9 M worldwide

32 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Not sure actually, thought it was in the summer holidays. Any Americans know if April 26th 2012 was in holiday season?

Avengers was not a holiday release in the US. Hollywood just like to call the beginning of May the "start of summer season" but in reality the kids are still in school. The other 2 members of the elite $200 million opening club were all released when most kids are on break (TFA and JW) while another one (TLJ) was released when few kids are on break during the opening week but most were on break during the succeeding week.

Edited by UserHN

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

I feel that Disney didn't expect to talk much about Black Panther in Avengers IW but now I can see them showing him A LOT :P

The Avengers Infinity War trailers show one of the major battles is in Wakanda so I think they already had plans to include BP in a big way.

• Thanks 1

Deadline:

Overseas, the Ryan Coogler-directed film is pacing on track, still running well ahead of Doctor Strange and slightly above 2017’s Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2 and Thor: Ragnarok. Wednesday’s haul was $14.5M in 48 markets, a whisker down on Tuesday but still 11% of an opening weekend that blasted past expectations.

The UK continues to lead play with $30.4M to date, just above Korea’s $29.5M. Rounding out the Top 5, Brazil has jumped to $12.5M, and Mexico and Australia are tied at $11.6M.

There was a notable 61.5% drop-off in Taiwan from Tuesday to Wednesday as the Chinese New Year holiday began to wrap. Most other markets remained stable. 

Germany and Italy, the two majors that are seeing softer traction, are now at $7.2M and $4.3M, respectively. Germany, which has been in thrall with Fifty Shades Freed, dipped a hair from Tuesday to Wednesday. Given Ana and Christian will be in their 3rd frame this coming weekend, it’s reasonable to think BPcould land No. 1 in the session, even if Marvel movies don’t tend to overindex here. See below for a closer look at why some overseas markets have been hotter than others in early play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Deadline:

Overseas, the Ryan Coogler-directed film is pacing on track, still running well ahead of Doctor Strange and slightly above 2017’s Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2 and Thor: Ragnarok. Wednesday’s haul was $14.5M in 48 markets, a whisker down on Tuesday but still 11% of an opening weekend that blasted past expectations.

The UK continues to lead play with $30.4M to date, just above Korea’s $29.5M. Rounding out the Top 5, Brazil has jumped to $12.5M, and Mexico and Australia are tied at $11.6M.

There was a notable 61.5% drop-off in Taiwan from Tuesday to Wednesday as the Chinese New Year holiday began to wrap. Most other markets remained stable. 

Germany and Italy, the two majors that are seeing softer traction, are now at $7.2M and $4.3M, respectively. Germany, which has been in thrall with Fifty Shades Freed, dipped a hair from Tuesday to Wednesday. Given Ana and Christian will be in their 3rd frame this coming weekend, it’s reasonable to think BPcould land No. 1 in the session, even if Marvel movies don’t tend to overindex here. See below for a closer look at why some overseas markets have been hotter than others in early play.

Interesting: Mexico started at $9.6m OW, Brazil at 9.4m. Now Mexico is at 11.6m and Brazil at 12.5m.

Better legs in Brazil then.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Germany and Italy, the two majors that are seeing softer traction, are now at $7.2M and $4.3M, respectively. Germany, which has been in thrall with Fifty Shades Freed, dipped a hair from Tuesday to Wednesday. Given Ana and Christian will be in their 3rd frame this coming weekend, it’s reasonable to think BP could land No. 1 in the session, even if Marvel movies don’t tend to overindex here. See below for a closer look at why some overseas markets have been hotter than others in early play.

In Germany it might get to #1 in $ but I doubt it will in admissions, for what ever reasons so many here like Fifty Shades, what does say that about the people here.:lol:

That was put nicely, 'don't tend to overindex':lol:

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

In Germany it might get to #1 in $ but I doubt it will in admissions, for what ever reasons so many here like Fifty Shades, what does say that about the people here.:lol:

That was put nicely, 'don't tend to overindex':lol:

I thought Germans had better tastes than that...Fifty Shades...:jeb!:

Edited by Fullbuster

2 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I thought Germans had better tastes than that...Fifty Shades...:jeb!:

A film called 'Fack ju Göhte 3' was #1 in admissions last year with 6.071M admissions compared to TLJ with 5.876M admissions.

I have no idea though why Fifty Shades is that popular. 

• ...wtf 1