kayumanggi

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR | 1369.5 M overseas ● 2048.4 M worldwide

19 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

With the excellent hold domestic, this is going to get very very close to TFA

Also actuals will likely go up this weekend for both OS and DOM as Disney always underestimates Father's Day (which is actually on the same day universally, unlike Mother's Day)

It isn't, in Germany it's on Ascension Day, in Brazil in August, in Scandinavia it's in November.

And going up from $3.1M won't be much probably up to $3.3M or $3.4M, that won't change much OS will probably add $8M or $9M for $1365M so for $2.05B it need $685M so $21M after a $5.3M weekend, roughly adding four times the Father Day's weekend, so basically exactly Avengers leg from this Weekend on forward, unlikely as until the eight weekend IW's multiplier was 2.578 compared to Avengers 2.88.

3 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

It isn't, in Germany it's on Ascension Day, in Brazil in August, in Scandinavia it's in November.

And going up from $3.1M won't be much probably up to $3.3M or $3.4M, that won't change much OS will probably add $8M or $9M for $1365M so for $2.05B it need $685M so $21M after a $5.3M weekend, roughly adding four times the Father Day's weekend, so basically exactly Avengers leg from this Weekend on forward, unlikely as until the eight weekend IW's multiplier was 2.578 compared to Avengers 2.88.

Oh dammit, that's my bad assumption again.

I thought since it's actually on the same day in U.S. and U.K. that it actually aligned elsewhere too, as opposed to Mother's Day where they're separated differently in UK/US.

My point still stands though, that getting within $20m, or 1% of TFA is quite incredible

1 minute ago, feasby007 said:

Oh dammit, that's my bad assumption again.

I thought since it's actually on the same day in U.S. and U.K. that it actually aligned elsewhere too, as opposed to Mother's Day where they're separated differently in UK/US.

My point still stands though, that getting within $20m, or 1% of TFA is quite incredible

Yeah, it is in a lot of countries on the same day. But Disney accounted for it Dom, so I guess they also did OS.

Okay, didn't know what you meant with getting close.

And yeah 2.047 to 2.048 is where I guess it's heading maybe a bit more or a bit less.

So 20M below TFA.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Ugh I’m so annoyed that this won’t pass TFA. It’s to close 

Yeah, IW is way more deserving than TFA

IW's built on 10 years of hard work, planning and crafting 18 "fresh" movies

TFA's built on 10 years of hiatus and awful prequels

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, bladels said:

Damn Fox, if DP2 were to open one week later it was, I am sure AIW would have surpassed TFA WW, and BP DOM.

AIW had 3 weeks of little competition before DP2 opened (and a lesser degree Solo, which is a 200M grosser though underperformed), wheres BP had 5-6 weeks, and TFA something like 6-8 weeks of virtually no competition. Surely 2 more weeks of lesser competition could have give AIW another 20-30M DOM and 40-50M WW.

Edited by justvision
  • Like 2

Top 5 November/December releases WW:

1. Avatar 2.79B

2. Titanic 2.19B*

3. Star Wars: The Force Awakens 2.07B

4. Star Wars: The Last Jedi 1.33B

5. Frozen 1.28B

Top 5 non-Nov/Dec releases WW:

1. Avengers: Infinity War 2.05B 

2. Jurassic World 1.67B

3. The Avenger's 1.52B
4. Furious 7 1.515B

5. Avengers: Age of Ultron 1.405B

I was originally compiling for just December, but I wanted to include Frozen since its late November release led to a pattern where it really took advantage of long winter break legs in the same way as the other 4.      

Two thoughts:

The overall top grossing movies are remarkably well balanced between these 2 months and the other 10 -- the lowest ranked movie on either list is just 12 overall.   

Jesus, the Avengers.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 4

On 6/17/2018 at 7:51 PM, bladels said:

Nah, TFA had the nostalgia of the OT , with the original characters returning, and no real connection to the prequels. 

I have come to terms that this isn’t passing TFA for many weeks now so it doesn’t matter to me anymore. What I had to say I said it after its second weekend in the U.S and its ow in China which were the two crucial moments that prevented it from basically passing titanic, not TFA. Had it done better in its 2nd weekend in the U.S (as its first few weekdays were suggesting) ,say something like 125 million, and opened higher in China (as its presales numbers were suggesting ) then it would have passed titanic. So I was disappointed at that time but now no so much.

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Like 1

Yeah we only get info on Sunday and monday. That said DOM isn't holding well enought to challenge TFA nor is china holding strong enough.

This movie pretty much done everything it will achieve now.

• Like 1