kayumanggi

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR | 1369.5 M overseas ● 2048.4 M worldwide

19 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

$ is way stronger than AOU timeframe and China is not growing. Minus China AOU dropped quite a bit from 1st one and this will continue the same pattern. I would say 850m OS.

The discrepancy of the $ between 2012 and 2015 is far bigger than between then and now - with the same exchange rate Avengers would have been lower O/S than AOU even minus the growth in China.   Even CW made more O/S than Avengers did with 2012 exchange rates. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

The discrepancy of the $ between 2012 and 2015 is far bigger than between then and now - with the same exchange rate Avengers would have been lower O/S than AOU even minus the growth in China.   Even CW made more O/S than Avengers did with 2012 exchange rates. 

You are right. Euro depcreated before that. Only Pound has cratered 20% since then. Yuan also depreciated 10%. I would still say its organically dropping from previous film. Its a threequel and not even the last one. But I will bump up my OS prediction to 900m.

No other SH properties has close to the overall popularity of the Avengers team in OS markets. Last one did pretty close to 1B. I think this one has a good chance of passing that mark (provided exchange rate getting more favorable or just not getting worse I suppose) 

I actually think Avengers 4 would be the one that'll drop off from IW and AoU. 

• Disbelief 1

Before making crazy predictions, remember that this will be a culmination of 18 films and it will feature a lot of characters that the general audience is not familiried with.

Many people thought that Civil War's story was difficult to follow because it required too much knowledge from the previous films, so this one could have an even bigger problem.

• Disbelief 1

I see Avengers 3 and 4 go the opposite way of other Part 1/Part 2 entries. I think Infinity War will gross more OS than whatever’s the fourth one called.

Between 850M-900M is my guess.

I know exchange rate is not favorable right now, but the movie  has a really (like really really) clear path free of competitions for weeks (even Han Solo not gonna be that big a competition in the OS markets, and IW should already made majority of its money by then anyway) 

Edited by Sam
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sam said:

I see Avengers 3 and 4 go the opposite way of other Part 1/Part 2 entries. I think Infinity War will gross more OS than whatever’s the fourth one called.

Between 850M-900M for IW. 

I know exchange rate is not favorable right now, but the movie  has a really (like really really) clear path free of competitions for weeks (even Han Solo not gonna be that big a competition in the OS markets, and IW should already made majority of its money by then anyway) 

Comes out a week earlier in a lot places too. It's straight up gonna have a whole month clear in a lot of markets. Kind of nuts.

2 minutes ago, ReyReyBattery said:

Comes out a week earlier in a lot places too. It's straight up gonna have a whole month clear in a lot of markets. Kind of nuts.

Yup. That late April/early May slot has been an incredible slot for Marvel in the OS markets. May Day/Labor Day bring in them big numbers. 

• Like 1