kayumanggi

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR | 1369.5 M overseas ● 2048.4 M worldwide

12 hours ago, box office said:

yeah this thread is dead. no one replied to anything of this weeks box office

To be fair, this thread has broken a record: 127 pages and 2,524 replies and counting. There's nothing left to say.

Other threads with at least 60 pages:

Marvel's the Avengers: 112 pages and 2220 replies

Frozen: 109 pages and 2,172 replies

The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey: 85 pages and 1,689 replies

Amazing Spider-Man: 84 pages and 1,679 replies

Iron Man 3: 79 pages and 1,574 replies

Avengers Age of Ultron: 73 pages and 1,457 replies

Man of Steel: 62 pages and 1,225 replies

TFA: 60 pages and 1,180 replies

Edited by Quigley
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I think Avengers 4 drops from here.  My baseline assumption for any franchise, if one entry blows up way past expectations ( most expectations at least) then the following movie will naturally pull back at least a little bit. 

600 dom (240*2.5)

325 China

850 the rest

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, MattW said:

I think Avengers 4 drops from here.  My baseline assumption for any franchise, if one entry blows up way past expectations ( most expectations at least) then the following movie will naturally pull back at least a little bit. 

600 dom (240*2.5)

325 China

850 the rest

Another flop like Ultron? Oh no 

:rofl:

:sparta:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MattW said:

600 dom (240*2.5)

325 China

850 the rest

That’s also my usual assumption, but I feel like the part 1 part 2 nature complicates things a bit — TA was a nice pretty self-contained narrative that didn’t really leave anyone desperately needing to see what happened in AoU. IW’s cliffhanger ending really incentivized anyone who saw and liked it (quite  a lot of the world) to at least see the next one.     

Right now I’m expecting the “sequel to a breakout drops” effect to perhaps roughly cancel the DH2 effect, maybe:  

700 DOM (270*2.6)

400 China   

1.05 OS-China   

2.15 WW       

Even if it falls below IW DOM, China, and Os-China, the finale nature should lead to a higher preview number and a very good shot to beat the adjusted OW record imo.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Another flop like Ultron? Oh no 

:rofl:

:sparta:

This would be less than half of Ultron’s DOM drop, and Ultron is looking a lot better now that TLJ and FK happened. You’d definitely have people disappointed though, very reasonably.

The hook for A4 is great and the anticipation, for something/anything concerning A4 (a hint about the title or when we can expect the trailer e.t.c) is already reaching fever levels all over the internt. The only  enemy of A4 is itself, if the movie delivers then the sky is the limit for its box office run. 

Of course the rhetoric about why it will drop (while a similar rhetoric about why JW3 will increase already exists) has already begun so again this forum will be bizarro land compared to the rest of the internet just like it was for IW pre-release.

10 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

How much it can objectively make from this point onward? Both dom and OS? I know that it can't match TFA but I just want to close the gap a smuch as possible. 

best case scenario is 2.05B maybe bit less

Am I crazy for thinking that Infinity War is going over $690m Dom? Because I'm starting to believe it will. This is some insane late legs, look how ahead of JW it is at the same period of time and the fact that it's better positioned than that film, with Ant-Man and the Wasp AND the whole Summer to keep going... I'm honestly starting to think that $690m Dom is happening. 

27 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Am I crazy for thinking that Infinity War is going over $690m Dom? Because I'm starting to believe it will. This is some insane late legs, look how ahead of JW it is at the same period of time and the fact that it's better positioned than that film, with Ant-Man and the Wasp AND the whole Summer to keep going... I'm honestly starting to think that $690m Dom is happening. 

So, at a very casual analysis, IW's last 2 weeks have been running about 133% of JW's, and JW made 15.5 more, and 133% of 15.5 would be 20.7 more for 691.8.     

However, of that 15.5M that JW made, something like 10M of it is attributable to the Labor Day reexpansion, which IW won't have anything similar too. More realistically if it does some 150% of JW's "natural" run from here that would be maybe 9M for a 680 finish.      

19M more off fa 4M weekend just isn't happening  without some kind of large, specific, unexpected circumstance.

• Like 2