T-5                                         2,508     418
T-4                                         4,467     745
T-3                                         7,755   1,293
T-2                        9,639   2,410   10,346   1,724
T-1                       13,507   3,377   16,386   2,731
T                         21,196   5,299   31,136   5,189

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 2

LA has a worse exchange rate, so there AIW has to make for some of that, in europe the exchange rate is a bit beter. Uk might be another market where it has to deal with the worse exchange rates altough it's allot beter then a year ago. But if the movie is good, the hype will make up for those negative factors. And i think it should still increase. 

4 minutes ago, pepsa said:

@Fullbuster Is Brazil a country were it can decline cause of worse exchange rates? 146M Brl is only 42.8M atm compared to the 47.8M of ultron. But the hype should make up for that difference right? 

Yes, it's a country where it can decline, or at least stagnate.

150m in lc would be enough to make it the highest-grossing movie ever but in USD it would be a fall because of the horrible exchange rate, that's unfortunate. In the best case scenario we can expect a slight increase over Avengers 2.

If this movie passes Avengers 2 WW it won't be thanks to Brazil, that's for sure....But at least in local currency it will be huge!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

I think increase in Taiwan, India, Singapore, Australia and France. 

SK, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands aswell. If Uk follows US then the hype will make up for the ex rate diff.

Well mexico will also have a hard time to increase, it needs 950M to not decrease in USD. And that figure is leaning towards the more optimistic est. 

Edited by pepsa

16 minutes ago, pepsa said:

SK, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands aswell. If Uk follows US then the hype will make up for the ex rate diff.

Well mexico will also have a hard time to increase, it needs 950M to not decrease in USD. And that figure is leaning towards the more optimistic est. 

Depends on the quality of the film 

yes, probably UK have the biggest ow for a superhero movie 

13 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Depends on the quality of the film 

yes, probably UK have the biggest ow for a superhero movie 

And for the netherlands, Blackpanther did 9.5M there, might just get that 10M. Thats the most a marvel movie ever did, so if IW can get to that that would be a decent 85% increase. But then the film would have to be great. That said, i think 8M is more realistic, thats still a 2.5M increase over ultron (only 5.5)

In chilean social media the hype lever for Infinity War is about the same as the talk about Coco. Google seems to agree with me 

Spoiler

6Zo24FX.png

This is actually fairly good for Infinity War, and the presales are just crazy, especially given how walk-up based the chilean market is. However, I could be wrong, but I don't see that much interest in the general audience besides the Marvel's faithful.

I think it will behave like Age of Ultron on steroids. A HUGE opening weekend, maybe $2,5M-3M USD but equally huge drops in the following weeks. If WOM is really good and sparks interest in the general audience I think it could make it to the TOP 10 in admissions but in any case it has a good shot to be the biggest superhero movie ever here. 

• Like 3

AIW              TLJ              BP    
        Tot     Average  Tot     Average  Tot     Average
T-7      17,751   3,550                     1,768     295
T-6      20,201   4,040                     2,117     353
T-5      22,713   4,543                     2,508     418
T-4                                         4,467     745
T-3                                         7,755   1,293
T-2                        9,639   2,410   10,346   1,724
T-1                       13,507   3,377   16,386   2,731
T                         21,196   5,299   31,136   5,189

• Like 4

4 hours ago, KP1025 said:

I think it can increase in Japan too. Ultron made $26 million there (compared to $45 million for the first film), but IW has a better release date arguably right before Golden Week.

In Yen there was about a 10% drop.

Avengers o/w:  US $1 = 79.55 Yen

AOU o/w: US $1 = 122.7 Yen

With the current exchange rate of about  $1 to 107 Y Infinity War does the same in Y that would be a 14% increase in $