• Like 6

Thailand NEW RECORD!!!

OD: 54.88m THB ~1.7m USD

Biggest OD

IM3 47m *Labor Day

FF7 41.68m

TA 39.1m *Labor Day

CW 37.64m

Note that traditionally, Thailand box office account for only Bangkok and Chiang Mai. The countrywide OD could be double of that number.

• Like 8
  • Astonished 2

2 hours ago, Proxima Olive said:

Audience Rating in Asian markets:

HK 4.6/5, rise from 4.3/5 initially, one of best for HLW blockbusters

Taipei 4.6/5, rise from 4.4/5

Japan 4.4/5, after previews

SK: 9.25/10

I'm more confident in its reception in China

I don't really care what those mixed to negative reviews from critics (in RT and Metacritic). I mean they can have their takes according to their viewpoint. But fans' emphasis are different from these critics, and from these rating, IW is  overwhelmingly liked by the audience.

But then before anyone remind me, I have to backtrack somewhat and curb my enthusiasm myself, because these rating were from those attending OD showings, i.e. nerdy fans. When more GA watch it, the ratings may drop.

Edited by justvision

1 minute ago, justvision said:

I don't really care what those mixed to negative reviews from critics (in RT and Metacritic). I mean they can have their takes according to their viewpoint. But fans' emphasis are different from these critics, and from these audience rating, IW is overwhelmingly positive.

But then before anyone remind me, I have to backtrack somewhat and curb my enthusiasm myself, because these rating were from those attending OD showings, i.e. nerdy fans. When more GA watch it, the ratings may drop.

86% with a 7.7 avg is now mixed to negative? :thinking:

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

That seems pretty average for an MCU movie to me. Even the Metacritic score is inline with the other Avengers movies. 

The numbers so far in Asian territories are astounding. Few of them don’t just break former records, but completely destroyed them.

Latin America will pull in record-breaking numbers as well for sure.

Remain to be seen is how European countries (which are, except UK, the weakest areas for MCU movies) will turn out. But early numbers from Italy and France are encouraging.

Getting ahead of myself (obviously) but I think OS opening could approach closer to 290M range than the predicted $260M. If so, WW opening #2-3 might not be too far fetched (all up to domestic to deliver)

Just now, TalismanRing said:

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear enough. "those mixed to negative reviews" does not mean all those reviews in RT are mixed or negative, it means "those (minority) reviews that mixed to negative among the overall favorable review consensus". 86% is good score but I expected more. I just wanted to point out that there is always a small but substantial number of critics that have different takes/taste/emphasis than the audience. They are entitled to their opinion and need not pander to fans, but fans can have different views too and ignore them.

I'd guess that the RT audience score should be higher than the critic score too.

As of now , the numbers from first OS markets

South Korea: 980K admissions, OD record, about $6.25M USD

Australia: 8.7M AUD, 2nd biggest OD behind EP7

Italy: 2.94M euro, biggest OD for SH movie

PHILIPPINES: 141.6M local/ 2.7M USD, best OD/single day

Thailand: $1.74M OD record

Hong Kong: 10.47M  HKD/ $1.33M, OD record

Vietnam: 25.5B local/$1.2M OD record

New Zealand : $1.23M local, 2nd best OD

Taipei: 16.42M local, on par with AOU, #3 all-time

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, tona22 said:

Thailand NEW RECORD!!!

OD: 54.88m THB ~1.7m USD

Biggest OD

IM3 47m *Labor Day

FF7 41.68m

TA 39.1m *Labor Day

CW 37.64m

Note that traditionally, Thailand box office account for only Bangkok and Chiang Mai. The countrywide OD could be double of that number.

To expand on this, Major Cineplex (the largest theatre chain in Thailand) has reported that the countrywide OD is >100m THB (~3.2m USD).

• Astonished 1

Insane OS performance so far. Seems likely for 1-1.1B OS imo.

Here in Portugal, there's a very decent chance it may have broken the OD record as well, given that it had one of the most important public holidays of the year (April 25th, basically the Portuguese equivalent of the 4th of July) and a very aggressive marketing campaign. Anecdotal evidence, but my late afternoon screening was almost sold out. That NEVER happened to any afternoon screening I've ever been to, even in Summer screenings w/a lot of people in vacation. Even The Last Jedi had a damn near empty theater at the exact same time on day of release. This is probably an advent of the holiday, as it had a lot of children in attendance.... but on the other hand, there was also a massive televised festivity happening in the city at the same time, AND the weather was Summer levels of hot. Which makes IW's feat pretty fucking impressive altogether. (Don't know if @CJohn attended OD like he said he would, though, so that's all the evidence I got rn :apocalypse:)

• Like 1