kayumanggi

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR | 1369.5 M overseas ● 2048.4 M worldwide

Pretty harsh drop for OS-China. Hope actuals go up a bit.

Right now, another 186M is required to reach $2B.

Further grosses that can be expected:

DOM - 65-70M

OS-CH - 55-60M

CHINA - 50-55M

So it will need to hit the respective high ends, and then some, in order to reach $2B. Average case, it seem to be heading for 1.99B, but I doubt Disney is going to leave it there.

• Like 1

IW should add another 36M during weekdays (9M DOM, 11M OS-China, 16M China). So it will be at 1850M prior to the weekend.

IW must get the following figures next weekend to stay on track for 2B:

DOM: 17M

OS-CH: 17M

CHINA: 20M

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Fake said:

IW should add another 36M during weekdays (9M DOM, 11M OS-China, 16M China). So it will be at 1850M prior to the weekend.

IW must get the following figures next weekend to stay on track for 2B:

DOM: 17M

OS-CH: 17M

CHINA: 20M

Dom actuals will come in around 1m higher. Os probably a litle too. I would say Dom still has enough left to do 675m. The big suprise wasn't this weekend for OS-China I think. The real suprise (for me atleast) was last weeks average hold. The weekdays were great but the weekend didn't deliver. This weeks drop was harsh but expected. Next weekend will drop hard in Europe, Uk and Austrilia, LA and Asia should be fine. 

In order to stop movie from grossing too much and pass titanic eventually, I think it's time to wipe out half of the population in the world!!! 

Or at least, wipe out half of the money circulated in the market, to stop inflation.....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

In order to stop movie from grossing too much and pass titanic eventually, I think it's time to wipe out half of the population in the world!!! 

Or at least, wipe out half of the money circulated in the market, to stop inflation.....

Well to be fair that not the only thing playing. Cause were I live (Belgium) the amount of tickets sold per capita is on the decline for so many years. So a movie released 25 years ago had a lot easier time to get a good amount of tickets than today.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Does anyone know what countries IW is on track to finish in the all time top 5 there?

Australia (#3 in lc.)

Mexico (#2)

Brazil (#1 in lc (by more than 30%) and #2 in adm. and #2 in $ both times behind just Titanic!)

Vietnam (#1)

Malaysia (#1)

Phillipines (#1)

Hong Kong (#1)

India (for hollywood releases #1)

and probably in a lot of smaller markets there too and probably in Africa too.

And in the US:lol:

I guess it has a shot at top 5 everywhere but in Europe and Japan and New Zealand.

In Germany (probably not top 50 in lc. and not in the Top 300 for adm.) same goes for Japan.

Edited by Taruseth
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, peludo said:

Number of markets over $20m:

Infinity War: 16

Titanic: 16

TFA: 13

IW could still reach 17 thanks to Hong Kong (Hong Kong $19.6m, Thailand $17.7m, Malaysia $16.9m)

Looking at 100m+ markets tells a very different tale:

Titanic: 6 

TFA: 4

Infinity War: 2

It's really remarkable how Cameron's movies spread their gross accross countries. I can't see a movie making over $100m in 10 markets again. The movie to beat Avatar will probably just have a very huge China+Dom gross.

• Like 6
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, Agafin said:

It's really remarkable how Cameron's movies spread their gross accross countries. I can't see a movie making over $100m in 10 markets again. The movie to beat Avatar will probably just have a very huge China+Dom gross.

Yeah right now I guess the only markets able to have a 100+M film are Dom, China, Japan, Uk, Ger, Sk and France (so seven markets, with only Dom and China being likely markets).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Agafin said:

Universal stories with big heart that resonate with everyone and an even bigger spectacle.

22 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

Australia (#3 in lc.)

Mexico (#2)

Brazil (#1 in lc (by more than 30%) and #2 in adm. and #2 in $ both times behind just Titanic!)

Vietnam (#1)

Malaysia (#1)

Phillipines (#1)

Hong Kong (#1)

India (for hollywood releases #1)

and probably in a lot of smaller markets there too and probably in Africa too.

And in the US:lol:

I guess it has a shot at top 5 everywhere but in Europe and Japan and New Zealand.

In Germany (probably not top 50 in lc. and not in the Top 300 for adm.) same goes for Japan.

1# Singapore 

1# Indonesia

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Titanic is far far far better than Avatar my friend 

It didn't make $2.78b dollars as an original film for no reason. I preferred Titanic in the past but with my rewatches of both I've come to give the slight edge to Avatar, maybe because I read the information book about Na'vi or something or perhaps the real world wearing me down through our technological world... I sometimes wish I was a Na'vi (or marry and live with one)

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

33 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

Hong Kong (#1)

With Hong Kong's trajectory, I think IW is more likely to finish #2 there behind Avatar in both USD and LC.  

In Taiwan, IW is looking to finish outside the Top 5 despite having the second highest opening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Agafin said:

Sure, Avatar was way bigger in the biggest markets. It still ranks as the biggest grosser in many markets. In Spain, it is an incredible 40% higher than the second one, having sold both films basically the same amount of admissions.

Said this, just to say that with today ERs, Avatar would not have those 10 markets over $100m (Spain, Russia, Australia and maybe South Korea would had not reached that amount). Or on the other side, Infinity War would have more than 2 with Avatar's ER (Brazil, Mexico and UK for sure. And South Korea would be bordering it). Avatar is one of the most benefited films ever because of this factor.

But I agree and it is obvious that Avatar was a phenomenon very difficult to repeat. It is the second most impressive run ever. No doubt about it. Because all of us know which is the most impressive... I just wanted to point that IW is making big numbers in many markets, not to say that it is closer to Avatar than it really is.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1