grey ghost

"Avengers Infinity War Will Take the 2018 WW Crown" club

Avengers 3 will win the WW 2018 crown.  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Are you IN or OUT? (PUBLIC POLL)

This is a pretty easy club to join except for a small, indie movie called Jurassic World 2.

My reasons why I think Avengers 3 will pull an upset:

1) Jurassic World was lightning in a bottle. I expect the sequel to drop like a rock (See Fate of the Furious)

2) Avengers has a more loyal fanbase with not too much drop off between TA and AOU.

3) The Russo's always bring their A game and this is their first official Avengers film.

4) Thanos is the biggest Avengers villian. Basically the Avengers' Joker.

5) Jurassic World's novelty and hype has worn down considerably since 2015.

6) Infinity War will get a bump from the collective audience from recent Black Panther, Thor, Spider-man and Guardian movies.

7) Avengers 3 has much less competition than Jurassic World 2.

8) AOU made almost a billion OS, Civil War made only 750 m. So Avenger films are better recieved OS than quasi-Avenger films like Civil War.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 2

This could be close. I still think Jurassic World 2 is a better bet. Dinos will do better in China and will crush Avengers in Japan. So out for now.

In IN in! Infinity War is going to be massive!

• Like 1

Aiee....Out.

While i do think Avengers 3 will easily hit over $1B WW....i just can't go as far to say that this will win the year.

Similar thing happened with Avengers: Age of Ultron. Everybody was saying that film was gonna own 2015....but it didn't because other blockbusters like Furious 7, Jurassic World & Star Wars: Force Awakens made more WW-wise than Ultron.

I would not be surprised if it ends up either 2nd or 3rd highest grosser of 2018.

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

10 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Aiee....Out.

While i do think Avengers 3 will easily hit over $1B WW....i just can't go as far to say that this will win the year.

Similar thing happened with Avengers: Age of Ultron. Everybody was saying that film was gonna own 2015....but it didn't because other blockbusters like Furious 7, Jurassic World & Star Wars: Force Awakens made more WW-wise than Ultron.

I would not be surprised if it ends up either 2nd or 3rd highest grosser of 2018.

You should vote in the poll and join us "OUT" members. Looking a bit one-sided right now. :lol:

And I agree with everything mentioned. I think JW2 will win both domestically and internationally. Based on the performance of the last few Marvel films, I think IW might actually stay flat from AoU or even decrease in USD in China. Jurassic World was a breakout hit in China (similar total to AoU despite much lower opening) and could increase to over $300 million (it had amazing legs in China but was cut short by the protection period).

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

7 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

You should vote in the poll and join us "OUT" members. Looking a bit one-sided right now. :lol:

And I agree with everything mentioned. I think JW2 will win both domestically and internationally. Based on the performance of the last few Marvel films, I think IW might actually stay flat from AoU or even decrease in USD in China. Jurassic World was a breakout hit in China (similar total to AoU despite much lower opening) and could increase to over $300 million (it had amazing legs in China but was cut short by the protection period).

Don't worry, mate. I voted "OUT" already. ?

Also....wouldn't be surprised if Jurassic World 2 pulls of a Fast 7/Fast 8 in China if everything goes well and have the ante upped in the movie. There are more different dinosaurs that needs to be explored. What new dinos will they add in? Maybe some herbivores?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, grey ghost said:

This is a pretty easy club to join except for a small, indie movie called Jurassic World 2.

My reasons why I think Avengers 3 will pull an upset:

1) Jurassic World was lightning in a bottle. I expect the sequel to drop like a rock (See Fate of the Furious)

2) Avengers has a more loyal fanbase with not too much drop off between TA and AOU.

3) The Russo's always bring their A game and this is their first official Avengers film.

4) Thanos is the biggest Avengers villian. Basically the Avengers' Joker.

5) Jurassic World's novelty and hype has worn down considerably since 2015.

6) Infinity War will get a bump from the collective audience from recent Black Panther, Thor, Spider-man and Guardian movies.

7) Avengers 3 has much less competition than Jurassic World 2.

8) AOU made almost a billion OS, Civil War made only 750 m. So Avenger films are better recieved OS than quasi-Avenger films like Civil War.

Ok.. Sounds good to me.. I'm in.. ;)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

This could be close. I still think Jurassic World 2 is a better bet. Dinos will do better in China and will crush Avengers in Japan. So out for now.

INFINITY WAR has something like 40 superhero's.. That alone will overshadow Dinosaur Island we've been to 4 times over..

Its going to be Age of Ultron of 2015 all over again. Lol, folks never learn.

• Haha 4
  • Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, Hades said:

Its going to be Age of Ultron of 2015 all over again. Lol, folks never learn.

The only way this turns into AOU of 2015 all over again is if the Floyd Mayweather VS UFC's Connor McGreggor Fight is held on the weekend this comes out and if it does, let's hope it's better than Mayweather VS Pacquiao, which was God awful...

EASY IN. This is going to do 1.8B 

• Like 3

Like I said, people never learn. Avengers are no match for Jurassic World overseas. I see only one clear winner. Jurassic world 2 could do what FF8 is doing right now over seas. While Avengers will do the usual 800 mill plus overseas. Both films domestic will be about the same. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1

It will continue the trend and make less than the last Avengers film (Civil War).

• Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, Napoleon said:

It will continue the trend and make less than the last Avengers film (Civil War).

I'd argue that it should do around CW numbers at the minimum. Remember CW in some markets performed like CA movies. Thinking around $400M/$800M (China could do $200M+, especially if GV2, Homecoming, and Rangarok do $100M there).

• Disbelief 1

I think open over 200M in China 🇨🇳 

:sparta:

Edited by fabiopazzo2
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

Avengers 3 $520/1b = $1.52b
Jurassic World 2 $450m/$1b,50m = $1.5b
Han Solo $485m/$515m = $1b
Transformers 6 $150/$850m = $1b
Incredibles 2 $430m/$550m = $930m

I don't see how this will be much of an upset. JW2 is it's only real competition. If CW can win 2016 WW, I don't see why this won't win 2018 WW.

• Like 1