Ezen Baklattan

2017 Oscars: Best Cinematography

i'm hopeful for deakins. especially since the academy has been very kind to BIG visual effects driven photography recently. that trend makes me think it's probably for sure between BR2049 and dunkirk. of course how good the movies are is probably a factor too. 

haven't seen any footage yet, but i'm sure other usual suspects like Lachman for Wonderstruck and Delbonnel for Darkest Hour will be in the running as well.

• Like 2

Darius Khondji is gonna get snubbed for his work on a James Gray movie again isn't he. Damn shame. Vittorio Storaro is shooting another Woody Allen period piece as well, but after he did such amazing work on Café Society and went unnoticed for it during awards season I don't have much hope for him this year either. 

I think Deak's got this. 

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

The more footage I see from blade runner the less impressed I get. Ready to lock this in for Dunkirk tbh.

I think Shape of Water has a better shot than Dunkirk tbh. That clip the other day with the long take was beautiful, and del Toro always makes really stylish stuff.

Blade Runner looks like it'll be the tech monster this year.  I wouldn't lock it in for the win or anything, but it's very possible.  If it gets a BP nod, then it'll be even more likely.

Shape of Water and Dunkirk also have great chances.  They like to go with flashy stuff.

52 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Wonderstruck wouldn't be too random, we're talking about Ed Lachman here and a technically showy project. I wouldn't be surprised to see it in Score and Production Design too.

In my opinion, Production Design might actually be a sure bet! But yeah, I could see this getting cinematography.