ddddeeee

HELLBOY | April 12 2019 | David Harbour

I always thought that the Spotify advertisements for this movie sounded like the satirical radio ads from Grand Theft Auto and Saints Row. Saw this coming from a mile away. Hopefully David Harbour is able to recover from this.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, WhiteWings said:

I'm booked to watch this on Saturday, what did I get myself into? :ph34r:

I sorta feel like this one might not be just on the critics being pc pricks. Either the narrative is too hardcore for their little minds, or there is no narrative (feels more likely).

more likely that the movie is fucking shit

On 3/1/2019 at 12:36 AM, shayhiri said:

I was sold since the beginning on this, being a big fan of the first movie, and a fucking HUGE fan of the second.

Then I got sold even MORE when I saw the first trailer.

NOW I am so sold I'm seeing this FOUR times at least, maybe five. The monsters alone are worth it. Fuck the childish Pokemon-Godzilla (that bombed the first time), this here is the real thing!!

And this looks like the best thing in the genre since Hanzel and Gretel six years ago. (And boy was that good. Saw it 6 times.) How they did those Hellboy 3 visuals on a supposedly minuscule budget is beyond me! Also there's an Asian guy, Ian McShane and even Milla Jovovich. Not a big fan of hers, but she hasn't aged one bit!

PS: AND I will bring my girlfriend with me!! She's a petite goth metal angel, so she should like this!! (Hope there's metal in the soundtrack!!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, WhiteWings said:

That's cold.

I thought that comparison was cool. but the audience is going to give this movie a chilly reception. This movie's chances of profits are going to be put on ice by Endgame and Shazam.

Edited by ScoobyDoo21
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Barnack said:

So this will test @The Futurist theory that critic / bro's will find anything R-rated better than anything PG-13 in the SH genre.

The movie contradicts the grounded theory, Hellboy is VERY genre, VERY.

And it was acceptable/good/visionary when Guillermo was doing it.

14 minutes ago, WhiteWings said:

I'm booked to watch this on Saturday, what did I get myself into? :ph34r:

I sorta feel like this one might not be just on the critics being pc pricks. Either the narrative is too hardcore for their little minds, or there is no narrative (feels more likely).

After reading a few of the reviews, it sounds like the narrative is simply too cluttered. There's one main storyline, but there's too much happening around it and it lacks focus.

A lot of people are piling on the film, but at least one person in the entertainment press likes it, and in an unironic way:

It appears to be one of Those Films that can be enjoyed with a certain mind set.  Whether folks actually have that mindset is up to them.

• Like 1