ddddeeee

HELLBOY | April 12 2019 | David Harbour

Hellboy II was so damn great; I sadly have no hopes for this.

No way they pull off that kind of amazing aesthetic without Del Toro. In fact they should steer well away from his design if they wanna have any chance of succeeding with this as trying to mimic it would be a complete disaster.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

I like Neil Marshall a lot, and would be interested in seeing this...in about ten or twenty years.

Right now, not interested without GDT and Perlman.

Too soon.

I'd rather have HBIII or nothing.

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 2

How much did TDK take away from HELLBOY2?

Blame the studio, not the director.

HELLBOY3, marketed and titled to make it look like a new start (just like how DOFP seems cut off from X3 as opposed to being X4), with GDT as director would be swell.

Anybody who has read Hellboy comics know there is plenty room for interpretations of the material and GDT's was far from being the Alpha and Omega. Basically, GDT turned the character into a manchild going through a late blooming teenage angst and habits even though he's supposed to be a world-weary 70 years old paranormal detective so it's very open to new takes. Apparently, Mignola is involved in the writing of this one so there's that.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

There s always something missing in GDT s movies, dude is the most brilliant & creative & unique mainstream designer and world builder since Tim Burton but his movies rarely do it 100% for me ... 

His storytelling skills seem to be lacking.