CJohn

The Hunger Games OS thread: 258M Total

France Wednesday numbers available yet, pinocchio

80 138 admissions on approx. 700 screens.5th start of the year behind La Vérité Si Je Mens (395 283), Les Infidèles (219 403), Sherlock Holmes 2 (135 043) and Cloclo (110 392). Next is Chronicle (76 929). Edited by Maple

Overseas is where you see the difference between a big studio like WB and a small one like LGF. It is understandable that they didn't have the budget to fully market THG overseas but there is no reason why they couldn't have waited a couple of weeks before releasing this movie in most of the overseas market. If they had waited and let it become a Hollywood movie phenomena, its success would've been contagious in more than a few markets. Right now I don't see it overperforming Twilight by that much overall.

• Like 1

Overseas is where you see the difference between a big studio like WB and a small one like LGF. It is understandable that they didn't have the budget to fully market THG overseas but there is no reason why they couldn't have waited a couple of weeks before releasing this movie in most of the overseas market. If they had waited and let it become a Hollywood movie phenomena, its success would've been contagious in more than a few markets. Right now I don't see it overperforming Twilight by that much overall.

I don't see them wanting to go up against the Titanic/Easter movies/Battleship combo. It's too much competition.

Not everything can overperform based on the DOM success.

Edited by Bluebomb

I still think it'll explode OS when Catching Fire is released in November 2013. Think UK and Australia will be the biggest OS markets.It faces Wrath of the Titans next week then Battleship two weeks after, if WOM is good I think it can withstand both films especially Wrath which is coming off a not very well received first film.