CJohn

The Hunger Games OS thread: 258M Total

There's no way it drops almost 100m, not even Harry Potter came close to that. You've been unfairly harsh on this movie since the beginning and it's biting you in the ass.

HP2 dropped 18% from HP1.... CF if it drops the same amount will do around 310-315M business.

And excuse me, nothing is biting me in the ass. I predicted 369M after the OW, and it will turn out to be one of the most closest predictions, when all is said and done. What were you expecting, 500M?

I had around 420m, then dropped it to a hopeful 400m after the weekend actuals. But real prediction skills comes from predicting how well a movie does before its release. I predicted this in the main thread 2 weeks before it opeened:

iceroll - 133/360/275/635

CEDAR didn't get your prediction down in that thread but I think you had it at around 200m and was pessimistic and unwilling to accept the signs that it was going to do massive business.

I had around 420m, then dropped it to a hopeful 400m after the weekend actuals. But real prediction skills comes from predicting how well a movie does before its release. I predicted this in the main thread 2 weeks before it opeened:

iceroll - 133/360/275/635

CEDAR didn't get your prediction down in that thread but I think you had it at around 200m and was pessimistic and unwilling to accept the signs that it was going to do massive business.

1 week before, I had also changed my predict to 140M OW.

'But real prediction skills comes from predicting how well a movie does well before its release'. What were you predicting 3 months ago?

I don't even know and it would be too hard to find it. Jumping on the bandwagon after people repeatedly telling you it's too low is different from predicting something to do well, when I made that prediction only 2 or 3 other people had it over 350m.

I don't even know and it would be too hard to find it. Jumping on the bandwagon after people repeatedly telling you it's too low is different from predicting something to do well, when I made that prediction only 2 or 3 other people had it over 350m.

I don't do that. I only changed my predict after the first sellout reports came in, which were bigger than BD1.

So anyway..... CF will easily double THG OS. I can see a drop happening domestically, but still no less then 350m. I can also see a small increase, but nothing too crazy like BB -> TDK. We will just have to wait and see!

I really hope CF goes postal OS. This perforemnce is so annoying. What is going on? Books aren`t reelased OS or popular or whatever?

CF will likely double in most European markets compared to THG. The UK should do at least $50m, Germnay at least $30m, France at least $20m.Russia will probably see an increase to for over $20m, and Australia will likely do over $40m. All other markets should increase too quite significantly.400m could happen. Maybe more.

I really hope CF goes postal OS. This perforemnce is so annoying. What is going on? Books aren`t reelased OS or popular or whatever?

this,

and I am glad the movie isn't so successful overseas, don't deserve all the praise that is receiving

They were not very popular, fishnets, but they started to sell like crazy after the release of the 1st movie. At least that is what is happening over here.

all books that inspired movies, "sells like crazy" after the movie is released