CJohn

Wrath of the Titans OS thread (209M total)

It's impossible if flops anywhere. Because, as we all know, OS audience just eats up any 3D crap Hollywood delivers.

In Hong Kong, 3D isn't a luxury but a BRAND. HK people always have to watch 3D movies because of how expensive it is. Their mentality is "more expensive ticket, better product". In this extremely rare case, WOTT isn't even going to make half of COTT's OW. Its total is not going to make half either.

I would say that qualifies as flopping. (Come to think of it, Ghost Rider 2 made less than Ghost Rider even with 3D.)

Edited by Bluebomb

I was very sarcastic when I wrote it can't flop OS because its 3D...But all the predictions/numbers I have seen so far seem to indicate it's flopping left and right.Not tanking, but flopping. ;)

I thought you were being serious because what you said is true! LOL

Saying a movie flopped because of predictions is about as intelligent as saying that a football team got its ass kicked (before the game) because of a pointspread.

We are not talking about predictions here, but projections in the case of France and Germany. In the end they are mostly very reliabale.

Perhaps in France, and Germany, they are- I don't know. Here, they've been atrocious all year. The average poster on these boards has had better luck in predicting than RS, and, even, to a lesser extent, MTC, this year. And the one constant, John Carter excepted, is that the projections have underestimated the results.