Plain Old Tele

Sunshine, Light, and Joy -- Bring Fun to the Forums

On 15.5.2017 at 8:36 PM, CoolioD1 said:

also you're only allowed to rank the marvel movies ONCE. But a yearly update of your woody allen ranking is mandatory.

Agreed. Being in my 50s, I think it is very mandatory that my allen gets woody at least once a year.

:sadben:

On 15.5.2017 at 8:42 PM, WrathOfHan said:

What about Roman Polanski? Nate Parker? Casey Affleck?

mel_gibson_102216_hacksaw_ridge_3c.jpg?i?

This is what I call injustice. Me, unsexy 50something, bald as a bowling ball, still not sporting a seeable mustache (left alone a beard).... comes along this Mofo here.

I am sick of making lemonade from the lemons life gives me. :P

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Blankments said:

Very good post Tele/mods.

That said, if you wanna bring back sunshine, light, and joy, I highly recommend removing the like limit for gold accounts. :ph34r:

Just how many do you need?

• Like 1

I was surprised to see the notice as soon as I logged in. I took a few weeks' break from this forum precisely because the omnipresent nastiness became depressing. Once it started detracting from the fun of following box office and movie news I bailed. It's better to get pure numbers from the trades and BOM than to wade through endless snark. 

it will be interesting to see how this experiment in positivity/less negativity works. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I don't know if this is the right way to deal with this, but I feel like I need to start automatically putting anyone on ignore who implies critics were either bribed or mentally compromised when they reviewed a new blockbuster

well it's either putting them on ignore or finding a way to just laugh it off. Although the former is 100% effective where the latter depends on your mood and 60% of the time, it works every time ;) 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

I don't know if this is the right way to deal with this, but I feel like I need to start automatically putting anyone on ignore who implies critics were either bribed or mentally compromised when they reviewed a new blockbuster

The bribery is such a funny joke though. Why would you want to get rid of such a wonderful gift?

2 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

The bribery is such a funny joke though. Why would you want to get rid of such a wonderful gift?

Responding to it with humor and sarcasm was fun for awhile, but now it's just aggravating. The collective IQ of this forum seems to get sliced in half every time bad reviews come out for an upcoming blockbuster.

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

Responding to it with humor and sarcasm was fun for awhile, but now it's just aggravating. The collective IQ of this forum seems to get sliced in half every time a blockbuster is released

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, franfar said:

The blockbuster itself is a variable. CBMs are pretty much septic tanks for a few months before release no matter what but the quality of discussions near release is usually directly proportional to how good the reviews are.