Telemachos

Sunshine, Light, and Joy -- Bring Fun to the Forums

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

Responding to it with humor and sarcasm was fun for awhile, but now it's just aggravating. The collective IQ of this forum seems to get sliced in half every time a blockbuster is released

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, franfar said:

The blockbuster itself is a variable. CBMs are pretty much septic tanks for a few months before release no matter what but the quality of discussions near release is usually directly proportional to how good the reviews are.

Does this mean everyone has to be nice to Avatar now!?

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Nah, the opposite. :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

imagegif

imagegif

8 minutes ago, K1stpierre said:

imagegif

imagegif

I hope these are positive gifs!

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I hope these are positive gifs!

UGHHHH. WHY ARE THEY NOT WORKING. ???

• Like 2

1 minute ago, K1stpierre said:

iudKqNHN1EQAAAABJRU5ErkJgggA= ANGRY USER DETECTED, YOU ARE UNDER ARREST. BE NICE AND DON'T RESIST. iudKqNHN1EQAAAABJRU5ErkJgggA=

• Like 8

8 hours ago, K1stpierre said:

I like your wolf!

I think it should be added that thinking "positive" doesn't mean you have the right to be a condescending ass towards people with more pessimistic views. People hate dismissal a lot more than they hate disagreement, and the personal character attacks and labels are usually what set off the flame wars regardless of whether they're of positive or negative persuasive intent.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 5

@YourMother hates my favorite movie yet I love discussing it with him, he's always very respectful of my opinions. Just an example of how things can be nice between people with opposite points of view. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tribefan695 said:

I think it should be added that thinking "positive" doesn't mean you have the right to be a condescending ass towards people with more pessimistic views. People hate dismissal a lot more than they hate disagreement, and the personal character attacks and labels are usually what set off the flame wars regardless of whether they're of positive or negative persuasive intent.

Yes, being a condescending ass is never a part of "sunshine, light, and joy". Full agreement there. :) 

• Like 5