Plain Old Tele

Sunshine, Light, and Joy -- Bring Fun to the Forums

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

woody allen rankings-

1) i find it hard to sit through a woody allen movie these days because of the real-world implications

i never checked out his amazon show because i'm like 80% sure he'll bang miley cyrus's character in it.

2 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I do not understand why people come to BOT and post with an agenda.

Neither do I. But it increased randomly and I mean when it's people with usernames literally just saying their only reason to be here aka to troll.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Other films are generally family-oriented films like BATB and such which won't really cause much divisiveness between a mostly male nerdy crowd that comes onto this site. 

Clearly you never went into the BATB thread

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

What about Roman Polanski? Nate Parker? Casey Affleck?

mel_gibson_102216_hacksaw_ridge_3c.jpg?i?

i think it's a little different in each case. casey affleck is different because as just an actor he's just a cog in the machine but woody allen is like the sole creative mind behind all these stories where 50 year olds bang college students.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 3

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

i think it's a little different in each case. casey affleck is different because as just an actor he's just a cog in the machine but woody allen is like the sole creative mind behind all these stories where 50 year olds bang college students.

At least he doesn't cast himself as the leads in his movies anymore. Thank God for small favors.

• Like 1

Just now, Chewy said:

I take full responsibility for turning the Sunshine thread into a discussion about filmmakers who are sexual predators

don't worry, i can swing the conversation back around to comic book movies and filmmakers.

Spoiler

heres-bryan-singer-dressed-as-a-priest-w

• Like 12

Thanks for this. I seem to have missed most of the hubbub...but that's because I check once a day and can't catch up with 20+ new pages of blockbuster talk - good, bad, or shittalking - on five different topics. Or clicking one and seeing some startling venom and just leaving.

It's weird seeing reddit talk about smaller pictures more than this place these days.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I do not understand why people come to BOT and post with an agenda.

Not so much an agenda but many act like they have a personal stake in the success of their franchises.  It comes across on these boards that their real life is affected by these movies... good and bad.  So much so that they feel compelled to trash any rival.  They lose all sense of perspective and humor.

I loved GotG2 but I wouldn't waste a second of my life worrying about it it can make 1 Billion or not.  Hitting/missing that milestone will have zero effect on my life.

Everyone is going to have their franchises they like/dislike.  But life is too short to spend any time worrying about the success or failure of them.

Spoiler

Except for Star Wars of course.... it is required to bring balance to the forums. :ph34r:

• Like 6

1 minute ago, AndyLL said:

Not so much an agenda but many act like they have a personal stake in the success of their franchises.  It comes across on these boards that their real life is affected by these movies... good and bad.  So much so that they feel compelled to trash any rival.  They lose all sense of perspective and humor.

I loved GotG2 but I wouldn't waste a second of my life worrying about it it can make 1 Billion or not.  Hitting/missing that milestone will have zero effect on my life.

Everyone is going to have their franchises they like/dislike.  But life is too short to spend any time worrying about the success or failure of them.

Hide contents

Except for Star Wars of course.... it is required to bring balance to the forums. :ph34r:

The Last Jedi only makes 750m

BOTNGyJZ_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-web&p=mars&

• Like 7