Plain Old Tele

Sunshine, Light, and Joy -- Bring Fun to the Forums

I can understand this to an extent, for example it is known that I am not a big fan of Zack Synder or his films. and I have expressed that opinion on numerous occasions, however I am a huge DC fan, and really want those movies to succeed, but as long as Zack Synder is attached to them, it limits my enthusiasm for liking any of those movies, however, I am still going to see JL.. with incredibly low expectations and when I see it and probably most likely don't like it, I will voice my opinion of it, but yeah there is no need attacking somone who has different taste then me. but I feel if someone hates a film by all means they should voice their opinion of that. but doing it in the same thread 100x can get old. 

• Like 1

I don't think this notice applies to me, but maybe someone else thinks it does.....  

Overall I don't mind the negativity as long as it stays out of the buzz and tracking thread (along with general talk and banter), that's the good one, let's keep it on topic.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Noctis said:

So, basically...hardcore CBM (aka basement dwelling virgins) make reading threads more aggravating and depressing...what a shocker. 

It isn't just CBMs, there are people who just want to rain on parades of others enjoying movies, even if they've expressed their opinions repeatedly already.

I think this is a great idea.

blog_ray_of_light_1540.jpg

Edited by trifle
  • Like 2
23 minutes ago, Noctis said:

So, basically...hardcore CBM (aka basement dwelling virgins) make reading threads more aggravating and depressing...what a shocker. 

Well, hopefully with this new rule we can make everyone happy and a more enjoyable place to be. :)

• Like 1

I'm glad this was written. Part of my absence has been living life and not having as much time on my hands, but it was also the general negativity that swamped threads. The issue is it's not done with any levity. The folks who constantly do this seemingly have no idea how humorless or petty they come across (or they don't give a shit). I've made fun of more than a handful of projects over the years, but when it always comes from a relentlessly mean-spirited place, why bother reading it or responding? It's simply exhausting. Anyway, miss you guys.

Edited by RichWS
  • Like 8

9 minutes ago, THE PHENOMENAL BKB said:

Yes Oz.. Words of Wisdom for such a fine show, which by the way, is on tonight.. Now that Jimmy has pretty well buried Chuck, we can look forward to Mike surveilling someone tonight for at least 1/2 the episode.. :bravo:

Tonights episode looks like its gonna be mostly about Nacho and Hector.  About time Nacho gets some love, he's had like 20 seconds of screen time this season.

But Honestly , I could probably watch a show with minimal dialogue just about Mike Ehrmantraut following people, figuring shit out, and screwing over people he doesn't like with his really elaborate plan.  Lul.

I'm trying to think of ways I might have contributed to this issue. I may have been this way a bit for BATB, but I stand by everything I said about it and continue to not understand why it's defended so fervently by some people. But I thought I knew when it was time to shut up.

Conversely, is my Pixar fandom so obnoxious that it aggravates people into posting broadly negative feelings about their current films? I admit I might have gotten that way with John Carter and The Good Dinosaur but most of the time I think I'm a lot more "informed optimist" than "blind fanboy"

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

I'm trying to think of ways I might have contributed to this issue. I may have been this way a bit for BATB, but I stand by everything I said about it and continue to not understand why it's defended so fervently by some people. But I thought I knew when it was time to shut up.

Conversely, is my Pixar fandom so obnoxious that it aggravates people into posting broadly negative feelings about their current films? I admit I might have gotten that way with John Carter and The Good Dinosaur but most of the time I think I'm a lot more "informed optimist" than  "blind fanboy"

These aren't questions that have easy or definite answers, but it's something for all of us to keep in mind. I know sometimes I've been overly emphatic about making sure my personal opinion was heard.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Conversely, is my Pixar fandom so obnoxious that it aggravates people into posting broadly negative feelings about their current films? I admit I might have gotten that way with John Carter and The Good Dinosaur but most of the time I think I'm a lot more "informed optimist" than "blind fanboy"

I've never seen you as a blind Pixar fanboy, so you've got that going for you.

Personally I might be a little mean to @MrPink. Sorry Pink. Also the Taika thing.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I've never seen you as a blind Pixar fanboy, so you've got that going for you.

Personally I might be a little mean to @MrPink. Sorry Pink. Also the Taika thing.

uAnOIhw.png

The likes erase away all the pain

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

something something something $5000 on a credit card

I dont think he was privy to that conversation:)