grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

15 minutes ago, Mulder said:

There was-

As you can see in my post I was referring to the YT official WB page. Where they posted the first and second trailer.

This is in comparison to the video Ryan released of him getting into the role of DP. Which was solely released on his YT channel.

Edited by Cappoedameron

Just now, Cappoedameron said:

As you can see in my post I was referring to the YT official WB page. Where they posted the first and second trailer.

This is in comparison to the video Ryan released of him getting into the role of DP. Which was solely released on his YT channel.

My guy that's the official WB Pikachu account. It's official. They'll probably release the video with a little "Tickets on sale" blurb later. There's no final trailer coming.

Okay so we now know that it seems Pikachu is playing like a family film and Marcus being a no show for it. I can’t cover the biggest cinematic event ever/aka Endgame killer and you will have to settle for the minuscule Endgame scraps*

*the asterisk means it’s a joke otherwise I’ll trigger MCU fans.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Okay so we now know that it seems Pikachu is playing like a family film and Marcus being a no show for it. I can’t cover the biggest cinematic event ever/aka Endgame killer and you will have to settle for the minuscule Endgame scraps*

*the asterisk means it’s a joke otherwise I’ll trigger MCU fans.

ok ?

In all seriousness, I think people are looking far too deeply into Pikachu’s early numbers. Despite the memes, this was never going to be a movie that people will be scrambling to reserve seats for a month in advance. Especially with Endgame currently sucking up all the oxygen in the room. 

Edited by dakus
Wording
  • Like 4

I think it was a huge mistake to open ticket sales for this when most of the hype is being directed towards Avengers Endgame.

ALSO, it's not like there are massive premium screens that people will be dying to reserve seats for.

I think this will be a very walk-up friendly movie so, I think releasing tickets first week of May would have been a better idea. 

5 minutes ago, rerga said:

I think it was a huge mistake to open ticket sales for this when most of the hype is being directed towards Avengers Endgame.

ALSO, it's not like there are massive premium screens that people will be dying to reserve seats for.

I think this will be a very walk-up friendly movie so, I think releasing tickets first week of May would have been a better idea. 

The film comes out on the 9th (preview night), so that's too late in the day to drop tickets for something that looks to have a possible 100m OW.

Edited by Porthos

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

The film comes out on the 9th (preview night), so that's too late in the day to drop tickets for something that looks to have a possible 100 OW.

My bad, my impression was that it was the week following that.

So they kinda have to release them now then...especially since they don't want to do it Endgame weekend. Truth is if people really want to see this they'll see both Endgame and Detective Pikachu! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

The film comes out on the 9th (preview night), so that's too late in the day to drop tickets for something that looks to have a possible 100m OW.

What are you predicting out of curiousity?

2 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

Is it confirmed that Detective Pikachu won't be taking IMAX from Endgame? Captain Marvel only had two weeks of IMAX before US took those screens if I remember correctly. 

At the very least at my theater, none of the presales are for IMAX. We'll see if that changes closer to release though.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Upon further inspection it seems the tickets aren’t available as it says that for the whole weekend but not Thursday.