Date       4/10 4/11 4/12 4/13
Tickets Sold       534 198 110 58
Date 4/14 4/15 4/16 4/17 4/18 4/19 4/20
Tickets Sold 28 45 59 63 36 33 28
Date 4/21 4/22 4/23 4/24 4/25 4/26 4/27
Tickets Sold 35 72 57 44 92 64 79
Date 4/28 4/29 4/30 5/1 5/2 5/3  
Tickets Sold 91 126 85 139 197 180  

Aladdin San Gabriel Valley (10 theaters), 5th day of presales, 20 days to opening night

Sellouts

Showings

Seats sold

Seats Left

Total Seats

Percent Sold

TOTALS

10.14%

6 showings added

548 seats added

87 seats sold

Date   4/30 4/31 5/1 5/2 5/3  
Tickets Sold   677 208 149 131 87  

1.35x Detective Pikachu's first five days of presales [Detective Pikachu has 29 days of presales compared to Aladdin's 24]

You’re numbers are very close to % detective pikachu increased and decreased on fandango pulse I might use that data just as a estimate for Friday and Saturday 

thanks 

Edited by Minnale101
  • ...wtf 1

So detective pikachu from Thursday to Friday dropped on my perfudle chart 

197 to 180

which is 16%

if I use that 16% for fandango pluse 

detective pikachu drop from 

1093 to 918

918 Friday 6 days until premiere for detective pikachu 

463 Friday 6 days until premier for dumbo 

841 Friday 6 until premier for shazam 

obviously this just estimate. Because his chart is similar to how big detective pikachu raised and dropped on fandango pluse 

Edited by Minnale101
  • ...wtf 1

So I can only look at one theater in my area in regards to DP cause the other two have not put up showtimes for this upcoming week for any of the films.

So Thursday it's looking at 40/100 theater for 4:00 pm showing

Thursday at 6:15 pm 75/100 theater

Thursday at 9:00 pm 60/100 theater.

Mind you I don't like this theater, it's not renovated and they don't have recliners.

Edited by Cappoedameron
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

The Fandango tracker is drunk. The time on the tracker is updating, but it isn't updating the number of tickets. 

So for example it says it was updated at 16:55 when in reality the numbers from that update are from when it froze back around 2PM EST (whatever time that would equal) 

It’s beginning...

D3-B79-D02-D959-4-E2-C-AE56-704-C384-A25

Fully expecting that the Monday trailer with Endgame spoilers will come with a “tickets on sale now.” Would be a 57 day PS run if so, much the same as CM.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

It’s beginning...

D3-B79-D02-D959-4-E2-C-AE56-704-C384-A25

Fully expecting that the Monday trailer with Endgame spoilers will come with a “tickets on sale now.” Would be a 57 day PS run if so, much the same as CM.

Just waiting for KotM to release this week to make it extra special fun for me. wtWnKMf.gif

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Thought I might get that react out of ya, @Porthos.    

On the the bright side, at least we’ll building up a bank of high 50s day PS runs. Might be what we see for Black Widow, Eternals, etc moving forward.

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Just waiting for KotM to release this week to make it extra special fun for me. wtWnKMf.gif

Wait a minute.

It's not having previews?

Just a regular opening day on the 2nd?

Huh.

Prob gonna pass then, fam.  Just ridiculous to try to compare a preview night (which is my thang) with a full fledged opening day, even if it's on a semi-holiday weekday.

4 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Thought I might get that react out of ya, @Porthos.    

On the the bright side, at least we’ll building up a bank of high 50s day PS runs. Might be what we see for Black Widow, Eternals, etc moving forward.

I honestly don't know if I'll do it now, though.

Is there really any value in compiling a full fledged opening day for comparisons with a preview night.

Serious question here.

I can see it for the OW trackers.  But that's not my gig.  Might have to give this a long think.

• Like 2

Just now, Porthos said:

I honestly don't know if I'll do it now, though.

Is there really any value in compiling a full fledged opening day for comparisons with a preview night.

Serious question here.

I can see it for the OW trackers.  But that's not my gig.  Might have to give this a long think.

Oh yeah, if they don’t have Monday previews then you might actually have lucked out, since there wouldn’t be any meaningful comparisons to make anyway.     

I think they might do true midnights only, not sure if that would seem worth tracking or not.

• Like 1

Just now, Thanos Legion said:

Oh yeah, if they don’t have Monday previews then you might actually have lucked out, since there wouldn’t be any meaningful comparisons to make anyway.     

I think they might do true midnights only, not sure if that would seem worth tracking or not.

Checked Monday and I didn't see anything.

Pure midnights, I'd do of course.  If only for curiosity's sake.

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Checked Monday and I didn't see anything.

Pure midnights, I'd do of course.  If only for curiosity's sake.

Most don’t have any displayed right now, but some of the huge theaters do. E.g. 8 midnight showings at the Empire 25: https://www.fandango.com/amc-empire-25-AAORE/theater-page?date=2019-07-01    

Guessing some will show up in Sactown eventually, but 🤷‍♂️ for now.

• Like 1

If I was doing a consistent track of a single theater (say Century Arden) and especially if I was also tracking opening day, I'd go ahead and track FFH's Tue.

As it is though, I don't.  

Unless someone can give me a good reason to do it (and, no, "I like seeing numbers" is NOT a good [enough] reason ;)) from a tracking perspective, I think I will regrettably pass on this one. 

Which is a shame, coz having another datapoint for TROS inevitable two month pre-sale window would have been helpful.

Mind you, I am open to hearing the arguments here.  The only one I might see is showtimes being roughly the same in a full day as a half-day, just not as compressed.

But even there, I don't think it holds, as there's more time for folks to show up, better auditoriums to spread out throughout the day, and probably a half-a-dozen other factors that just make me break out in hives when trying to figure out ways to mitigate them.

Still, open to the counter-arguments.  But they'd better be good ones. ;)

5 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Most don’t have any displayed right now, but some of the huge theaters do. E.g. 8 midnight showings at the Empire 25: https://www.fandango.com/amc-empire-25-AAORE/theater-page?date=2019-07-01    

Guessing some will show up in Sactown eventually, but 🤷‍♂️ for now.

Works for me. 👍

Done and sorted.

At the very least it'll be interesting to see what an Old School Midnight Preview will be like in this day and age.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Works for me. 👍

Done and sorted.

At the very least it'll be interesting to see what an Old School Midnight Preview will be like in this day and age.

Yeah, FFH’s run suddenly got very unusual, which has some pros and cons.  

On the one hand, it’s very difficult to comp “true midnights+6 day” to any of the “3.5 day” modern openings, so for almost the entire first 10 days or so I’m going to feel pretty uncertain about where it’s headed. 

On the other hand, it’s kind of neat to have some novelty. I don’t really have a clue how the MCU will do with good old fashioned midnights in the heart of summer, or what the ratio will be for OD, and that lack of knowledge is kind of exciting.

• Like 1