grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

Just now, drdungbeetle said:

Time to burn the witch because he won't shill Pirates 5/Transformers 5 like the others on here I guess...

In case you're not aware, you could criticize a movie without calling the fans "mouthbreathers"

• Like 1

Just now, franfar said:

In case you're not aware, you could criticize a movie without calling the fans "mouthbreathers"

I might if they had realistic expectations and didn't constantly foam at the mouth over "advance ticket sales" or whatever like it's gonna save Maggie's farm somehow

1 minute ago, drdungbeetle said:

Time to burn the witch because he won't shill Pirates 5/Transformers 5 like the others on here I guess...

Oh my God, it's literally not even about this.  Sorry for probably derailing this thread, but you're one of the most consistently annoying users on here because all you do is make pointless rants about how bad a movie is or how much of a flop it is or whatever and barely post any SHRED of positivity on here.  Instead, you prefer to incoherently ramble about whatever movie is coming out in any weekend and fail to contribute in any meaningful or significant way.  It's really just a vat of toxic hate spewing all out of your mouth, and you need to stop.  

• Like 1

Just now, drdungbeetle said:

I might if they had realistic expectations and didn't constantly foam at the mouth over "advance ticket sales" or whatever like it's gonna save Maggie's farm somehow

We use advance ticket sales because it's one of the few tools we have to predict hype/OW. If you actually took a second to understand our posts, you would know that.

2 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

In case you can't read the title of our fucking forums, we're a forum DEDICATED to box office, and advance ticket sales are a contributing factor when it comes to predicting box office.

Just now, That One Valerian said:

In case you can't read the title of our fucking forums, we're a forum DEDICATED to box office, and advance ticket sales are a contributing factor when it comes to predicting box office.

Not a particularly GOOD factor considering the Alien Covenant "we're gonna hit 45 mil!" crowd based on the advance ticket sales, mind you...

You really just don't get it, do you?

I get that people really can't extrapolate BO based solely on advance ticket sales for a Thurs. and that rth/Empire were better actual BO guides than most around here...

22 minutes ago, That One Valerian said:

It's a walkup movie.  It doesn't need huge presales.

Doesn't matter. If this was a 30M opener for the 3 day, it would have been on Pulse by now. Weak presales+a late embargo+weak reactions from the Dolby screenings=underperformance.

• Like 2

I love how I'm a shill for pirates and transformers.... dude has no clue about me at all lmao. 

Users like him are why I have no respect for the newbs. They have no respect for us old timers who created these places they waltz into and try to own. 

Edited by narniadis
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Doesn't matter. If this was a 30M opener for the 3 day, it would have been on Pulse by now. Weak presales+a late embargo+weak reactions from the Dolby screenings=underperformance.

I'd go find some comparison points if the old BOB&T thread were still open.  Sadly it's not :sadben:.

But I do think I remember Legend of Tarzan having poor presales yet that still made it to 38M.

2 minutes ago, narniadis said:

I love how I'm a shill for pirates and transformers.... dude has no clue about me at all lmao. 

Users like him are why I have no respect for the news. They have no respect for us old timers who created these places they waltz into and try to own. 

lol, now I'm responsible for all news media failures because I'm not spending 15 bucks on a Michael Bay movie

I'd go find some comparison points if the old BOB&T thread were still open.  Sadly it's not :sadben:.

But I do think I remember Legend of Tarzan having poor presales yet that still made it to 38M.

Tarzan was a Friday opener tho (I think)

1 minute ago, drdungbeetle said:

Tarzan was a Friday opener tho (I think)

Sure but Baywatch is hardly gonna attract anyone on Thursday.  Plus LoT opened on the high end of 38M.  If BW isn't on MT or Pulse by tomorrow then maybe we can start to worry a bit.

• Like 2

Sure but Baywatch is hardly gonna attract anyone on Thursday.  Plus LoT opened on the high end of 38M.  If BW isn't on MT or Pulse by tomorrow then maybe we can start to worry a bit.

In theory it should attract people on Wed.