grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

Bad Moms probably had higher presales since mom's were probably planning some kind of "mom's night out" days in advance or something.  Again, still a bit hard to determine Baywatch's numbers, especially given The Rock's drawing power.

Just now, drdungbeetle said:

Who the heck does reserved seating? You'd have to be a total pathetic loser to bother with paying for reserved seating for a movie!

Uh a bunch of places. It's a big perk.

• Like 3

Just now, drdungbeetle said:

Who the heck does reserved seating? You'd have to be a total pathetic loser to bother with paying for reserved seating for a movie!

Uh, anyone going to a theater that has it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Uh, anyone going to a theater that has it?

My local theater has made it mandatory, you have to choose from the monitor as soon as you buy. The theater had a problem with people sneaking into other movies messing up the sell count and taking seats.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

Both of my theaters in the area are reserved seating only.

• Like 1

So Pirates is on top on Pulse and gaining on MT, but everything is so weak right now, it really needs to gain a substantial lead.

I'm still getting the vibe it's gonna disappoint. Baywatch doesn't seem to be doing too hot either.

47 minutes ago, nomyth said:

So Pirates is on top on Pulse and gaining on MT, but everything is so weak right now, it really needs to gain a substantial lead.

I'm still getting the vibe it's gonna disappoint. Baywatch doesn't seem to be doing too hot either.

I can't look back (arghh) but I believe GOTG was in the low teens on MT on it's o/w Monday and the previous w/e comp was far lower with FF8 doing $19.9m and Latin Lover doing $12.2m

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I can't look back (arghh) but I believe GOTG was in the low teens on MT on it's o/w Monday and the previous w/e comp was far lower with FF8 doing $19.9m and Latin Lover doing $12.2m

It was at 40% end of day.

• Like 2