grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

56 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

FWIW my friend visited a colleague and her 7yr old is CRAZY for Ninjago.  Couldn't stop talking about it and the movie and says his friends are the same way.

:sparta:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Late night or early morning appearances don't tell us much right now, especially since there is only one movie above 600k in dailies right now.

True but the fact it's opening in a week and is already showing up on movie sites seems like a really good sign. I think between IT, Kingsman, Ninjago, and Blade Runner, we're about to see that all the doom and gloom talk about movie theaters being dead following a mostly lousy summer was for naught. 

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, filmlover said:

True but the fact it's opening in a week and is already showing up on movie sites seems like a really good sign. I think between IT, Kingsman, Ninjago, and Blade Runner, we're about to see that all the doom and gloom talk about movie theaters being dead following a mostly lousy summer was for naught. 

But then October is going to produce a lot of sub-50M grossers and everyone will proclaim the BO is dead again :lol: 

Fandango Meter:

4pm:

AA:  13.2 avg

mother!: 11.8avg

Hitman's Bodyguard: 11 avg at 4pm  (25 at 7:30pm)

Atomic Blonde: 18.3 (avg) at 4 pm (28 at 7pm)

Wish Upon: 2 avg at 4pm

47 Deep:  7.5 avg  at 4pm (6.6 at 7:30pm)

Detroit:  7 (4:30pm). 15 (7:30pm)   (in case mother! acts more art house than horror)

No 4pm numbers but:

Annabelle 2:  46.5 - 7pm

Aliens: 50 - 9pm

It Comes at Night: 9vg (8-9pm)

Valerian: 20 (7:30pm)

• Like 4