Join our Telegram group by clicking the following link:

https://t.me/joinchat/BDsV7QrWB2ogzJ811S043A

You can get Telegram by downloading the app and creating an account using your phone number. You can then change your username to your forum name.

grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

1 hour ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

Lego Batman was a mess. I don't think it's  hard - have better quality than L:B. But may be Ninjago will give us a big surprise...

Not sure what movie you watched...but except for feeling about 5-10 minutes long (a better cut in the last 1/3 might have helped), it's a home run.  If you love the characters, it hits the sweet spot as a perfect homage to the entire Batman mythos from its beginning to now...And to have the 1st awesome take of Robin in a theatrical release (yes, he's been seen before...but here, he's not the joke:))...priceless!

I gave Lego Bats an A- when I saw it...and I don't think Lego Ninjago is gonna have A- quality if the previews are indicative of the movie...it just seems like it's trying a little hard in those previews...

Edited by TwoMisfits

7 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Not sure what movie you watched...but except for feeling about 5-10 minutes long (a better cut in the last 1/3 might have helped), it's a home run.  If you love the characters, it hits the sweet spot as a perfect homage to the entire Batman mythos from its beginning to now...And to have the 1st awesome take of Robin in a theatrical release (yes, he's been seen before...but here, he's not the joke:))...priceless!

I gave Lego Bats an A- when I saw it...and I don't think Lego Ninjago is gonna have A- quality if the previews are indicative of the movie...it just seems like it's trying a little hard in those previews...

L:B has too much .... exposed moral, if you catch my drift. It doesn't feel like "all-in-on" movie, just a few pieces be set up together.

3 hours ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

Lego Batman was a mess. I don't think it's  hard - have better quality than L:B. But may be Ninjago will give us a big surprise...

I agree. Lego Batman is kinda like the minions. Great in small doses but his shtick gets old real fast when he's the focus of a movie

I was really looking forward to Lego: Batman - he was one of the highlights of the LEGO Movie and I loved all the trailers and TVs spots and thought it would be something in the vein of The Brave & The Bold series which is great fun.   But... blah - it felt like a 5 minute skit in search of a movie and all the characters felt flat except for the Joker.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

I was really looking forward to Lego: Batman - he was one of the highlights of the LEGO Movie and I loved all the trailers and TVs spots and thought it would be something in the vain of The Brave & The Bold series which is great fun.   But... blah - it felt like a 5 minute skit in search of a movie and all the characters felt flat except for the Joker.

I agree, the film's first half was way better than it wore itself out and became bland and boring and not that funny. The Lego Movie was so much better. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Ninjago is now back on MT at #5 and #2 on Pulse.

Impressive without Thursday previews too.  Fandango sales seem to be favoring Kingsman by a decent amount most times I check though there are a few bursts of Ninjago where a lot of sales swing through.  

2 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

Impressive without Thursday previews too.  Fandango sales seem to be favoring Kingsman by a decent amount most times I check though there are a few bursts of Ninjago where a lot of sales swing through.  

Ninjago is having Thursday previews. An article in DHD has confirmed it, it's just that times haven't been uploaded.

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Ninjago is having Thursday previews. An article in DHD has confirmed it, it's just that times haven't been uploaded.

Thanks!  Was confused as to why it wouldn't

For Reference:

Warner Bros unleashes The Lego Ninjago Movie and Fox churns out another installment of its franchise Kingsman: The Golden Circle, both of which will go into wide release with previews Thursday night.

7 minutes ago, YourMother said:

For Reference:

Warner Bros unleashes The Lego Ninjago Movie and Fox churns out another installment of its franchise Kingsman: The Golden Circle, both of which will go into wide release with previews Thursday night.

I did just see one theater pop up with it on the AMC app.  I imagine the presales will jump a bit after these Thursday shows are all uploaded

4 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

What the hell is Till Death Do Us Part? Getting a wide release next week, never heard of it.

It's probably a 600-709 theater type deal; the distributor doesn't even have a Wiki page.