grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

3 hours ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

Lego Batman was a mess. I don't think it's  hard - have better quality than L:B. But may be Ninjago will give us a big surprise...

I agree. Lego Batman is kinda like the minions. Great in small doses but his shtick gets old real fast when he's the focus of a movie

I was really looking forward to Lego: Batman - he was one of the highlights of the LEGO Movie and I loved all the trailers and TVs spots and thought it would be something in the vein of The Brave & The Bold series which is great fun.   But... blah - it felt like a 5 minute skit in search of a movie and all the characters felt flat except for the Joker.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

I was really looking forward to Lego: Batman - he was one of the highlights of the LEGO Movie and I loved all the trailers and TVs spots and thought it would be something in the vain of The Brave & The Bold series which is great fun.   But... blah - it felt like a 5 minute skit in search of a movie and all the characters felt flat except for the Joker.

I agree, the film's first half was way better than it wore itself out and became bland and boring and not that funny. The Lego Movie was so much better. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Ninjago is now back on MT at #5 and #2 on Pulse.

Impressive without Thursday previews too.  Fandango sales seem to be favoring Kingsman by a decent amount most times I check though there are a few bursts of Ninjago where a lot of sales swing through.  

2 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

Impressive without Thursday previews too.  Fandango sales seem to be favoring Kingsman by a decent amount most times I check though there are a few bursts of Ninjago where a lot of sales swing through.  

Ninjago is having Thursday previews. An article in DHD has confirmed it, it's just that times haven't been uploaded.

For Reference:

Warner Bros unleashes The Lego Ninjago Movie and Fox churns out another installment of its franchise Kingsman: The Golden Circle, both of which will go into wide release with previews Thursday night.

7 minutes ago, YourMother said:

For Reference:

Warner Bros unleashes The Lego Ninjago Movie and Fox churns out another installment of its franchise Kingsman: The Golden Circle, both of which will go into wide release with previews Thursday night.

I did just see one theater pop up with it on the AMC app.  I imagine the presales will jump a bit after these Thursday shows are all uploaded

So, figured I'd post my 1st local 12's Friday lineup - they are keeping mother! with a full screen, but I think this is the last week they do so.  They are giving Kingsman 2 screens, but so far Lego Ninjago only a split 3d/2d one (usually kiss of death to animated - usually indicates a $30M max opening weekend if my theaters are anything to go by)...funny enough, there is 1 screen unaccounted for, so they may be watching presales on Ninjago/Kingsman/It for the weekend before they decide what is going on it (or they may be renovating that screen...I haven't been watching this theater the last few weeks, so it may actually be using the down time to renovate a screen/week - happened at another theater I frequent earlier this summer, although they did it 6 screens at a time, so they could be done in 2 weeks:)...

Kingsman (2)

It (2)

Lego Ninjago (1)

Friend Request (1)

American Assassin (1)

mother! (1)

Home Again (1)

Hitman's Bodyguard (1/2)

Indies (1 1/2)

20 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, figured I'd post my 1st local 12's Friday lineup - they are keeping mother! with a full screen, but I think this is the last week they do so.  They are giving Kingsman 2 screens, but so far Lego Ninjago only a split 3d/2d one (usually kiss of death to animated - usually indicates a $30M max opening weekend if my theaters are anything to go by)...funny enough, there is 1 screen unaccounted for, so they may be watching presales on Ninjago/Kingsman/It for the weekend before they decide what is going on it (or they may be renovating that screen...I haven't been watching this theater the last few weeks, so it may actually be using the down time to renovate a screen/week - happened at another theater I frequent earlier this summer, although they did it 6 screens at a time, so they could be done in 2 weeks:)...

Kingsman (2)

It (2)

Lego Ninjago (1)

Friend Request (1)

American Assassin (1)

mother! (1)

Home Again (1)

Hitman's Bodyguard (1/2)

Indies (1 1/2)

What indies does your theater have?