grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

6 hours ago, Rumpot said:

got passes to "Thank you for your Service" tonight.  I'll probably go - wonder if this one could outperform

Fwiw I thought this movie was solid.  It's certainly a topic deserving of more attention.  Packed theater with a good number of vets - strong reception/conversations outside

• Like 2

This weekend is gonna be pitiful. I will be curious to see how walk-ups are for Boo 2 and Only the Brave

Boo 2 7 1,138 0.6%
Snowman 23 212 10.8%
Only the Brave 10 156 6.4%

10 hours ago, Rumpot said:

Fwiw I thought this movie was solid.  It's certainly a topic deserving of more attention.  Packed theater with a good number of vets - strong reception/conversations outside

That's what a lot of early reactions are saying. I don't know if it's something the GA wants to see right now like Detroit though.

23 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

That's what a lot of early reactions are saying. I don't know if it's something the GA wants to see right now like Detroit though.

I agree it won't be easy to grab the GA.  There were several people who said something along the lines of "I'm really glad I watched that because now I understand my uncle/father/friend,etc better."  I felt that way about it too, honestly.

• Like 1

Just now, Frozen said:

There are no reviews for Madea or Geostorm on a Thursday? 

WB is pulling a Flatliners on Geostorm by having no previews and no critics screenings. I don't think Madea and Same Kind of Different had any screenings either. 

36 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Pulse:

1. Madea

2. BR

3. SW

4. Foreigner

5. MLP

Absolutely pathetic that none of the other openers are there.

Only the Brave has Dolby by me.  No showings have sold anything tonight.  Previews are going to be really weak.  Maybe all except Madea should've gone the geostorm route

22 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

WB is pulling a Flatliners on Geostorm by having no previews and no critics screenings. I don't think Madea and Same Kind of Different had any screenings either. 

Madea movies haven't had pre-screenings in a long time.

So at least one other newcomer, Only the Brave, makes an appearance at MT now.  And it's not so far away from Madea from the percentages. Not bad given the target audience it will probably have as mentioned here. In fact I'm surprised that it appears earlier than Geostorm and really wonder when this movie will finally show up. Geostorm gets panned by critics here in Europe too but the trailers are effective IMO for a disaster film. 

13 minutes ago, el sid said:

So at least one other newcomer, Only the Brave, makes an appearance at MT now.  And it's not so far away from Madea from the percentages. Not bad given the target audience it will probably have as mentioned here. In fact I'm surprised that it appears earlier than Geostorm and really wonder when this movie will finally show up. Geostorm gets panned by critics here in Europe too but the trailers are effective IMO for a disaster film. 

Geostorm has no Thursday previews, so odds of it showing up today (especially with the low tracking) are much lower than normal. It might show up in the end just because the box office is that dead.

• Like 1