grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

Deep Wang updates:

- TLJ has settled at about 25% higher than where Rogue One was after 2 weeks of presales. The rest of the presales will be slow till like a week or so before release

- Thor is at about 70% of where Guardians 2 was at the exact same point in time before release, the comp dates have finally caught up.

- Bad Moms is doing really well, it has already done more in presales than the previous movie, and the "Mom's night out" event has done better than what Girls Trip ended with

- Jigsaw has done about as much as Flatliners, this better be a walkup franchise

How about Thor vs Wondy. 

For SW8 unless we have numbers to compare with SW7, it does not matter until week before release. Only question is when does it pass Rogue ONe PS. I think that may not happen until close to release. 

Next week hopefully we have Justice League numbers. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DAJK said:

My theatre isn't getting suburbicon OR thank you, and considering especially the former is something that should do well in our market, I'd say it's doomed. Lower than Only the brave weekend incoming.

Both are only opening in about 2,000 theaters.

11 hours ago, grim22 said:

Deep Wang updates:

- TLJ has settled at about 25% higher than where Rogue One was after 2 weeks of presales. The rest of the presales will be slow till like a week or so before release

- Thor is at about 70% of where Guardians 2 was at the exact same point in time before release, the comp dates have finally caught up.

- Bad Moms is doing really well, it has already done more in presales than the previous movie, and the "Mom's night out" event has done better than what Girls Trip ended with

- Jigsaw has done about as much as Flatliners, this better be a walkup franchise

Is this the 7pm showing with wine tomorrow?  

And for RO wouldn't 2 weeks of sales take us to release week?

Edited by Rumpot
Another q
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Thank You for Your Service still doesn't have reviews three days before opening. I'm guessing it's really mediocre (which, on top of already being a depressing PTSD drama, will be its death sentence).

The reception in my full screening (including vets/vet families) was highly positive, fwiw anyway

14 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Thank You for Your Service still doesn't have reviews three days before opening. I'm guessing it's really mediocre (which, on top of already being a depressing PTSD drama, will be its death sentence).

Or maybe it’s because Universal usually releases their embargoes on Wednesday, regardless of its quality

2 hours ago, FlashMaster659 said:

And I think this means The Last Jedi is either about to or already has topped Rogue One presales.

I doubt it. Most movies increase dramatically in the last week. I would think Rogue One would have at least done 2.5x/3x more of the PS. Current run rate of SW8 is not that big to top overall Rogue One PS. I hope @grim22 can confirm.