grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

4 hours ago, YLF said:

Oh okay well I’m not sure. In Los Angeles it’s jot showing a single ticket has sold for amc. I haven’t looked at other theaters. But like I said idk when the tickets went on sale. I didn’t know they were available until I saw your message.

Tickets apparently became active last night at 2am LA time. Guessing an official announcement will be forthcoming shortly.

Pulse 6:35-6:49 EST (it's actually Wednesday for the new releases so I don't know if I should compare their sales with other Mondays or Wednesdays?):

Ralph Breaks the Internet: 25/15
Creed II: 20/15
Robin Hood: 3/15
Aquaman: 9/15 - such a BS that presales started exactly this day, now tracking is much more difficult because it's hard to say (but very probably) that Ralph, Creed, FB 2 and The Grinch catch a lot of the attention plus it's also hurting their percentages

Pulse always 8:35-8:49 EST:

Creed II: 66/15
Ralph 2: 52/15 – The Grinch had 42/15 on Monday at that time
Robin Hood: 8/15
Aquaman: 23/15

Bohemian Rhapsody had 57/15 to that time on Monday and 142/15 on Wednesday, Widows 27/15 on Wednesday.
I'm curious to see how Ralph, Creed and Aquaman will develop later in the day...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Looking great for Creed 2. Idk why there are complaints about lack of buzz and marketing in the Creed 2 thread. Are there not enough commercials? I don't have cable. 

Can confirm here in UK I have seen many adverts for it... I might even say too many, but then I have no interest in the film

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Looking great for Creed 2. Idk why there are complaints about lack of buzz and marketing in the Creed 2 thread. Are there not enough commercials? I don't have cable. 

I see commercials nonstop for it here. Also there are billboards (actual ones, not digital) up along I-95 near Ft. Lauderdale so they're certainly reaching out to their target audience.

16 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Apparently Robin Hood is having fan screenings tonight... There are fans of the property?

Well you see Grim, there's this thing called "furries" that's pretty popular around the Internet. And they love Robin Hood.

Very nice that Ralph 2 is already in the Top 5 and not unexpected :). I slightly hope that Creed II can follow (maybe with the last update) despite being very crowded. Ralph is already at 6% at MT now.

Pulse always 11:10-11:19 EST (so only 10 minutes):
Creed II: 104/10
Ralph 2: 87/10
Robin Hood: 12/10 - btw I don't count it to be mean (or only a little bit ;)), it's just that this movie is predicted to do around 10M OW so its sales are also a good indicator for the rest
Aquaman: 21/10

Widows had 34/15 on Wednesday at that time, Bohemian Rhapsody 201 but also in 15 minutes.

Edited by el sid
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I wanted to start RH Under $5M OW club but this surge in PS discouraged me. can it reach 10M? :thinking:

It'll probably end up making similar numbers as Red Dawn in 2012 (a film that sat on the shelf for a few years and only got released because Chris Hemsworth and Josh Hutcherson had landed key roles in The Avengers and The Hunger Games). Not good, but could be worse. At least it won't pull a Victor Frankenstein lmao.

24 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It'll probably end up making similar numbers as Red Dawn in 2012 (a film that sat on the shelf for a few years and only got released because Chris Hemsworth and Josh Hutcherson had landed key roles in The Avengers and The Hunger Games). Not good, but could be worse. At least it won't pull a Victor Frankenstein lmao.

LMAO VF opening! Why the heck McAvoy signed up for that dud? Red Dawn OW would be a win for RH. 

18 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

LMAO VF opening! Why the heck McAvoy signed up for that dud? Red Dawn OW would be a win for RH. 

Max Landis script have a reputation to be really really fun to read (they are made in mind to be fun to read for them to sales) and being a bit deceptive that way it probably looked like a lot of fun on the pages, Radcliffe signed on and he certainly does not need any money. Director of Lucky number sleven and the Sherlock series, I imagine he could been of somewhat average profil for UK actors like them.

John Davis the producer is a really big name, and we need to put ourself back in 2012-2013 when he and Landis just had Chronicle massive success when the cast joined that project, not using hindsight on the future track record of their projects result.