23 hours ago, FlashMaster659 said:

MT

Endgame - 33.5%

Shazam! - 10.6%

Dumbo - 6.2%

CM - 6.1%

Breakthrough - 5.8%

22 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

I was too slow today, but I’ll give a brief commentary on the numbers still just to maintain my streak. Also, this update was for the time 17:00 Pacific 4/17/19 (End of Wednesday).   

Little dropped out! Admittedly its Tuesday bump was crazy, and it’s probably just behind Breakthrough, but I’m still surprised. Breakthrough is releasing today, sneaks on at 5th. CM over 98% of Dumbo this time, not that close in BO Tues in the end but fingers crossed again.     

Oh, and I guess AEG is over 3x the biggest in-release movie. This overlong, gloomy, character study by the Community and Arrested Development guys might just do alright in the end.

17:00 Pacific 4/18/19 (End of Thurs)  

1	31.4%	Avengers: Endgame
2	11.3%	Shazam!
3	9%	The Curse of La Llorona
4	7.7%	Breakthrough
5	7%	Dumbo   

CM still behind Dumbo, so kicked out by Llorona. AEG still running about 3x Shazam, down less than I expected from yesterday considering Llorona and holdovers likely increasing.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Thanks 2

NYC + NJ Metro area.   Three more theaters added - another that's not new but hasn't done CBM since at least 2016. It doesn't even sell tickets on Fandango

For one that's not showing  AEG - I know City Cinemas Beekman Theatre is art house but showing Best of Friends & Peterloo when AEG opens has got to hurt - those aren't even well reviewed must see Indies.  Its on my list so they've showed a CBM before at least once.

AIW  (April 25 - 5pm)

Theaters: 59

Showings: 661

Reserved Seating: 380

Complete SOs: 115

Total SO's: 180 (Complete + Near)

AEG (April 16 - 6pm)

Theaters: 61

Showings: 713

Reserved Seating: 579

Complete SOs: 144

Total SO's: 277 (Complete + Near - not counted since April 11th)

AEG (April 18 - 8pm)

Theaters: 64

Showings: 753

Reserved Seating: 601

Complete SOs: 155

Total SO's: 283 (Complete + Near - not counted since April 11th)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Empire 25 currently has 84 'almost full' or sold out shows for the weekend. It's going to be a bonkers 4 days for them 😫

They're also probably going to add more screens as well.  They had 51 for AIW on Thur w/o going round the clock and currently have 48 including the Fan Event for AEG

The Regal E-Walk across the street is also going round the clock. They have 22 shows for AEG compared to 19 for AIW

Lincoln Center is going round the clock with it's IMAX and DOLBY but not it's regular screens yet - they look to have room for at least 2-4 more in 2D or 3D

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

They're also probably going to add more screens as well.  They had 51 for AIW on Thur w/o going round the clock and currently have 48 including the Fan Event for AEG

The Regal E-Walk across the street is also going round the clock. They have 22 shows for AEG compared to 19 for AIW

Lincoln Center is going round the clock with it's IMAX and DOLBY but not it's regular screens yet - they look to have room for at least 2-4 more in 2D or 3D

Endgame being about 30min longer will cut down on the number of showings i imagine.

7 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

AMC Empire 25 have ALOT of screens - 25 to be exact. ;)  They'll add more next week when they choose what to kick out or reduce to a showing.

The need to get to at least 55 or they're dead to me :ohmyzod:

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

AMC Empire 25 have ALOT of screens - 25 to be exact. ;)  They'll add more next week when they choose what to kick out or reduce to a showing.

They are on my theater count to do list, but it just gives me cross eyes.

I *AM* working on Lincoln Center right now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

May the force be with you. 

Shit wrong franchise. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

May the force be with you. 

Shit wrong franchise. 

Godspeed, rebels trackers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

It's easier to count when they're all full up as long as you already know  the seat count.  Ditto when there aren't many sold.  It's the 30-60%ers that are a PItA

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

NYC + NJ Metro area.   Three more theaters added - another that's not new but hasn't done CBM since at least 2016. It doesn't even sell tickets on Fandango

For one that's not showing  AEG - I know City Cinemas Beekman Theatre is art house but showing Best of Friends & Peterloo when AEG opens has got to hurt - those aren't even well reviewed must see Indies.  Its on my list so they've showed a CBM before at least once.

AIW  (April 25 - 5pm)

Theaters: 59

Showings: 661

Reserved Seating: 380

Complete SOs: 115

Total SO's: 180 (Complete + Near)

AEG (April 16 - 6pm)

Theaters: 61

Showings: 713

Reserved Seating: 579

Complete SOs: 144

Total SO's: 277 (Complete + Near - not counted since April 11th)

AEG (April 18 - 8pm)

Theaters: 64

Showings: 753

Reserved Seating: 601

Complete SOs: 155

Total SO's: 283 (Complete + Near - not counted since April 11th)

Wow @ 64 theaters now. In all of the counts of your area I've ever seen from you, I've never seen over 59. 

Maybe 900 showings isn't just me spitballing a pipe dream after all. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It's the 30-60%ers that are a PItA

So fucking true. There's one theater  locally, which shall remain nameless, which has every auditorium (so far) between 150 and 300+ seats.  The vast majority of them at 30 to 70 percent sold.

It does have a nice stable block of lower bowl seating, so I can sometimes use that as a shortcut.  But when the seats are spreading out from the middle at JUST the right point where it's no better to count down from the max than it is to count up from the bottom (including using a lower bowl as a shortcut).

Just...  rkLCz6B.gif rkLCz6B.gif rkLCz6B.gif

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

Endgame sitting @ 12668 through 15 updates on Fandango Pulse. Yesterday through 15 updates it was @ 16400. Gives us a % of 77.2

This is on par with the drop Infinity War experienced last year (18788/23790 = 79%)

16927 through 19 updates. 

22671 through 19 yesterday.

Slagging behind a bit. Down to a rate of 74.7%

Will probably finish about 25000, which would put it roughly 34% ahead of the comparative IW day. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

34% ahead of the comparative IW day. 

The beginning of Avengers: Crumblegame  :whosad:

Spoiler

Or alternatively, you could point to the increase that other movies are having today thanks to Good Friday 😛 

Edited by Thanos Legion

Did some more digging for possible comps for John Wick and Detective Pikachu 

John Wick: 329K was its update 

Glass 390K a week out 

Kingsman 2 4 days out 173K 

Aquaman was at 310K on November 30th (But deep wang said Presales for holiday films are more spread out) 

Thor 3 was 540K 3 weeks before release and Spider-Man Homecoming was 270K 17 days before release) *Although, Thor 3 and Spider-Man had longer pre-sales 

Pikachu: 346K was its update 

How to train your dragon: 286K (Feb 12th)

*Lego 2 presales were at 346K on Feb 4th (week of release) 

I guess you could also use the above CBM too? But I don’t know :thinking:

***BUT: BATB was at 1.4M 17 days before release (didn’t realize it jumped so damn high leading up to release) 

*Is it just me or is John Wick killing it? Like I know it had the promo and the comps aren’t perfect but still :ph34r:

Edited by Nova
  • Like 4
  • Astonished 1