grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

19 hours ago, Porthos said:

Tickets are probably  going on sale tomorrow near as I can tell from comments elsewhere. 

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: 

===

Just shy of 26k tickets available now in the Greater Sacto region for opening night (25922 for the record).

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 3

12 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

1. What is the source for that number because TA had 52% of its weekend from 3D and doing basic math, that will account for 86 (207*0.52*0.8) + 99 = 185mn and full run of 560mn Approx.

2. That said, I don't agree of these films as big as Infinity War let alone TFA and Endgame and that's only domestically, worldwide this is simply laughable.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/dark-knight-rises-pre-sale-tickets-25-million-351301

"Earlier this summer, Disney and Marvel's The Avengers posted the biggest three-day opening of all time at the domestic box office when grossing $207.4 million. The No. 2 opening of all time belongs to  Warners' Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, which grossed $169.2 million. Both those films had the advantage of being released in 3D; roughly $35 million of the opening weekend gross for Avengers came from the 3D upcharge."

$172m / with the same multiplier translates to $528m, not even over TDK unadjusted. Still an utterly insane number.

Edited by excel1

2 hours ago, feasby007 said:

Plot Twist:

Every troll ever (including BKB, Shivampa, Cocho, raegr and the rest) is just a different personality of the same person. Akin to the group in Split. At this point they don't know each other exist, but soon they will develop the ability to talk to each other.

Congratulations, you’re a prophet.

14 hours ago, Nero said:

I know you are a DC fanboy but no need to mention 50th time that Avengers numbered were inflated. Nobody in the film industry thought Avengers would gross as much as it did. Sure 3D played a part because at that time 3D was in favourable condition. Also unlike TDK which was only Domestic over performance Avengers was Worldwide phenomena. Same applies to TDKR. If even as you say it would have broken OW record it wasn't so hot overseas. And don't even try to compare IW war to any of them cause IW and TFA are in league of their own. IW broke many records in many countries and set new records. It also broke trailer records. TDK and TDKR don't even come near that level. I remember last year I wasnt able to watch IW until 3rd weekend coz for 1st 3 weekend it was sold out all the shows form 7am to 11pm in the night. And now comes the question of AEG no movie comes close it's breaking records by almost 3 times the previous records in many countries in presales only. Also how many times you mention TDKR would have grossed this much or that much that is only speculation because no one knows how it would have performed. So just let it be...

What the fuck does any of that have to do with anything? We're talking strictly domestic hype and context matters greatly. IW and EG are just the latest in a long series of comic book films receiving mega hype and blowing up.

11 hours ago, Nova said:

Guys guys, DC fans are just upset that End Game will probably make more than BvS WW in its OW alone and by its first Monday will have grossed more than BvS domestically. That's gotta hurt. 

*I'm out.* 

I love the Marvel movies for what they are and am quietly dreading ENDGAME because I know the "finale" of characters I have come to love will make me feel old and empty. :( 

I feel similar. A huge 20 movie span with a story arc culminating into this event. I dont know if or when we will see similar again. It feels like theres some film history happening. Marvel films will go on but im not sure there will be of this massive scope ( in terms of sheer amount of movies part of an arc)

Have there been any updated predictions of how much money these massive presales will convert to?

31 minutes ago, excel1 said:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/dark-knight-rises-pre-sale-tickets-25-million-351301

"Earlier this summer, Disney and Marvel's The Avengers posted the biggest three-day opening of all time at the domestic box office when grossing $207.4 million. The No. 2 opening of all time belongs to  Warners' Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, which grossed $169.2 million. Both those films had the advantage of being released in 3D; roughly $35 million of the opening weekend gross for Avengers came from the 3D upcharge."

$172m / with the same multiplier translates to $528m, not even over TDK unadjusted. Still an utterly insane number.

I said source bro. This is some journalist doing sugarcoating.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Menor said:

Endgame up to 20.4% on MT, I wonder if the release week "pop" could already be starting.

As will be evident when Saturday numbers roll in, you are seeing the opposite of a normal Saturday due to Good Friday yesterday. Makes perfect sense that as the rest slow in comparison, Endgames % goes up. 

4 minutes ago, Tinalera said:

I feel similar. A huge 20 movie span with a story arc culminating into this event. I dont know if or when we will see similar again. It feels like theres some film history happening. Marvel films will go on but im not sure there will be of this massive scope ( in terms of sheer amount of movies part of an arc)

Have there been any updated predictions of how much money these massive presales will convert to?

B.O. Pro has upped the o/w range by maybe 30m+ -and the total by 70m+ :lol:

https://www.boxofficepro.com/long-range-tracking-men-in-black-international-shaft-avengers-endgame-updated-tracking/

Avengers: Endgame $270,000,000 – $300,000,000+ n/a $660,000,000 – $730,000,000+
  • Astonished 1

11 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

https://www.boxofficepro.com/long-range-tracking-men-in-black-international-shaft-avengers-endgame-updated-tracking/

Thats just mindblowing. I cant wrap my head around that😮

Edited by Tinalera
Phone text acting up

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It's pretty amazing that the FLOOR is over the record. That's when you know you've done everything right in the build up to this event. 

23 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

17:00 Pacific 4/19/19 (End of Good Friday)  

1	22.3%	Avengers: Endgame
2	13.8%	Shazam!
3	13.3%	The Curse of La Llorona
4	8.2%	Breakthrough
5	7.3%	Captain Marvel  

Huge lead today, will obviously keep it next installment as tomorrow is nearly flat. CM snuck into 5th on the last update of the day, and this now reflects pretty closely the order of the likely weekend results. 

17:00 Pacific 4/20/19 (End of Easter Sat)  

1	20.6%	Avengers: Endgame
2	17.7%	The Curse of La Llorona
3	12.9%	Shazam!
4	8%	Breakthrough
5	7.5%	Captain Marvel

With the depressed Sat bumps this weekend it’s no surprise that Endgame is about where it was yesterday. CM/Shazam ratio went from 53% to 58%. Curious to see how its % of actuals moves. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

Fandango Tracking 

IW 24-hour Equivalent Saturday: 12368

Endgame - 16 Updates: 10384

Target for today is 18500.

Fandango Tracking 

Endgame - 19 Updates: 12766 (+3.2% over IW)

55 minutes ago, narniadis said:

As will be evident when Saturday numbers roll in, you are seeing the opposite of a normal Saturday due to Good Friday yesterday. Makes perfect sense that as the rest slow in comparison, Endgames % goes up. 

Well if it was flat then yes, but Endgame had a couple of relatively large hourly bumps, and generally the pop happens on Sunday so with the depressed Saturday it's not implausible that it would happen earlier. Still, with the last update being flat it seems that it was just hourly variation.

33 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Fandango Tracking 

Endgame - 19 Updates: 12766 (+3.2% over IW)

10 minutes ago, Menor said:

compared to yesterday same point?

15310 through 19 updates yesterday. Today is running 16.6% behind. 

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

What the fuck does any of that have to do with anything? We're talking strictly domestic hype and context matters greatly. IW and EG are just the latest in a long series of comic book films receiving mega hype and blowing up.

I love the Marvel movies for what they are and am quietly dreading ENDGAME because I know the "finale" of characters I have come to love will make me feel old and empty. :( 

I don't want to derail the thread but USA not whole world. But by domestic then there are several movies you can had more hype than IW. For e.g BP which made 700M and Incredibles 2 which also made more than 600M. So you are just taking what is favourable to you while comparing them. Hype all around the world what matters... Not just US. And those movies don't even come near so I hope you got the message

• Like 1