grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I still think Pika-Pika is just very good counterprogramming to Endgame, just like John Wick 3.

I saw a tweet that went viral about taking a child to endgame and he was crying for a Week. I think a family based kids movie is much needed 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Thanos Legion said:

3 different MCU movies in the fandango top 10 is hilarious to me.

Enjoy them while they're here.

Six months from now, there'll be zero.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

I saw a tweet that went viral about taking a child to endgame and he was crying for a Week. I think a family based kids movie is much needed 

Parents should have taken them to Uglydolls. Pitbull as Uglydog would have calmed them down.

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Parents should have taken them to Uglydolls. Pitbull as Uglydog would have calmed them down.

I would post the tweet but it’s pure spoiler in it 

I would be terrified of pit bull more tho if I was a kid 😨

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Seems like Pikachu will reach 2nd on MT in 2-3 hours. Does it have a chance of reaching number 1 at all or will Endgame stay number 1 this week too?

Today? None chance.  Prob none chance with Discount Tue as well. Wed?  Wouldn't bet on it.  No idea about Thr coz I don't have a handle yet on the weekday drops for EG nor the ramp up of Pika.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Seems like Pikachu will reach 2nd on MT in 2-3 hours. Does it have a chance of reaching number 1 at all or will Endgame stay number 1 this week too?

Depending on how Pikachu performs and how Endgame drops, I could see it taking #1 during the weekend. Outside of that its seems very unlikely.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Before the weekend? Not a chance? Friday and the weekend, I'd say there's a good chance. It's gonna be quite the box office battle between these two.

54 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

It’s at second with 4.2% now. 

Doubt it ever catches End Game tbh because that movie has such a huge lead on it. 

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

It’s at second with 4.2% now. 

Doubt it ever catches End Game tbh because that movie has such a huge lead on it. 

Before Friday I completely agree. But then it's a whole new ball game.

tenor.gif?itemid=7225473

Edited by Cappoedameron
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

Just now, Porthos said:

*randomly checks Mon Jul 1st*

Well, fuck.

Now that I've gotten the joke out of the way, right now there is literally one reserved seating showing at Century DoCo and two non-reserved seating showings at another local Cinemark location.

That's it at the moment.

But they might be trickling in after all.

Obv one showing ain't worth it.  Hell, five reserved seating showings ain't worth it.  But now gonna have to keep an eye on things and see how it populates.

Might be a track for Sacramento after all, peeps.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Is today when it's supposed to start picking up a lot? 

Nah it was yesterday and kinda did but today it’s been a real pick up 

will look at numbers tonight but definitely promising 

1 minute ago, Minnale101 said:

The hustle compared to 3 releases last week has been doing much better.

It could actually be a 15 million dollar OW

I’m gonna check some comps for it really quick but it has been showing up on Pulse decently 

Starting to populate throughout the Cinemark system now.  I'll be surprised if Regal and Cinema West don't follow suit eventually.  Studio Movie Grill might be more of a question mark given the dine-in nature of the place, but who knows.

Looking I get to track midnights after all.

Don't expect that many showtimes at first, BTW.  Right now I have eight showings (two non-reserved) between four theaters.  Probably settle in around 20 to 30 showings, presuming most of the chains in the region jump on bandwagon eventually.

Still, as I said a few days ago, be nice to get a pure midnights comp up and running.  If only for curiosities sakes.

No idea what I'll comp it too.  Maybe bring Black Panther out of retirement since that had so few showtimes.  Maybe the other CBMs/blockbusters from last year and just realize it WILL be a sizable fraction.

Also kinda curious how the sell pattern will go, given we already had around seven hours or so of sales where the die-hards already bought their tickets.  But maybe folks were waiting in the wings for midnights.  Or they'll transfer their seats.

Be interesting to see how it plays at any rate.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 3