grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I just checked.  They went on sale at 6pm EST.

So that is a bit apples to oranges, unfortunately since FFH would have had all today (it went on sale at, what, 3am EDT?  4am EDT?) and CM didn't.

8 CDT is when it first appears on the akvalley tracker. So if we take the sales until 2 CDT for an apples to apples comparison it removes about 2200ish, which puts FFH at about 8600 or so.

• Like 1

So I know this may be a headache in the making but the 1.5 million, how good is that compared to previous films?

You know the positive thing coming out of Detective Pikachu, when the sequel comes out we'll at least have something we can compare it to and won't be flinging 50 films at it hoping to see if something sticks.

3 minutes ago, Menor said:

8 CDT is when it first appears on the akvalley tracker. So if we take the sales until 2 CDT for an apples to apples comparison it removes about 2200ish, which puts FFH at about 8600 or so.

Yeah, I was messing up trying to convert time zones in my head and work backwards.  I've edited my post to reflect the right time.

Thanks for doing the work on the subtraction. :)

8600 v 6000 is a pretty good start for FFH, I'd say.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

So I know this may be a headache in the making but the 1.5 million, how good is that compared to previous films?

You know the positive thing coming out of Detective Pikachu, when the sequel comes out we'll at least have something we can compare it to and won't be flinging 50 films at it hoping to see if something sticks.

It’s decent but really needs a good walk up crowd 

26 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Was today monday pre sales included in that 1.5 million ?

24 minutes ago, Nova said:

No clue. DW just drops off numbers on Monday sometimes and I just refer to them as the Monday before release. I doubt it would include Monday since its actual sales (and Monday isnt over yet) but Monday just gets calculated in the final presale number

The numbers are updated every 3 hours from 9am-9pm every day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Yeah, I was messing up trying to convert time zones in my head and work backwards.  I've edited my post to reflect the right time.

Thanks for doing the work on the subtraction. :)

8600 v 6000 is a pretty good start for FFH, I'd say.

Yeah this is definitely beyond what I expected given that Captain Marvel had a great amount of hype already. With these numbers and the trailer about to pass 1 million likes in <12 hours, I'd say FFH is definitely getting a sizable Endgame boost.

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dakus said:

Wow, Wick really is slaying in presales.

TMobile did have a $4 Atom ticket deal for JW3 last Tuesday...if Deep Wang's MTC is an Atom chain, that could be skewing the presale results...

Not looking to rain on the parade, but just wanted to give some context to the data...

I can get in on this 'counting seats' thing now bc we have reserved seating!

And 8 people just sat right the fuck next to me for DP on Thursday >_> There's still only 15 people in the showing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Morieris said:

I can get in on this 'counting seats' thing now bc we have reserved seating!

And 8 people just sat right the fuck next to me for DP on Thursday >_> There's still only 15 people in the showing.

What time is showing. Just wanna see the trend of late shows being low 

6 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

There are literally only 2 remotely comparable summer Tuesday opening blockbusters — TASM and Transformers 1. Unfortunately they both have a different July 4 placement by one day. To make things worse, Transformers had 8PM sneaks (which made about 8.8M). TASM, so far as I can tell, had true midnight previews like FFH that made 7.5M.    

TASM:

Previews:OD multi — 35.85/7.5=4.8x

OD:6-day multi — 137/35.85=3.82x

OD:total multi — 262/35.85=7.3x

6-day:total multi— 262/137=1.91x

3-day OW:total multi — 262/62=4.23x

2nd wknd drop —  -44%

3rd wknd drop — -68.6% (savaged by TDKR)

Transformers: 

Previews:OD multi — 36.65/8.8=4.16x

OD:6-day multi — 155.4/36.65=4.24

OD:total multi — 319/36.65=8.7x

6-day:total multi— 319/155.4=2.05x

3-day OW:total multi — 319/70.5=4.525x

2nd wknd drop —  -47.5%

3rd wknd drop — -44.6%   

TASM actually had TDKR come out exactly as many days into the run as FFH has TLK, which makes the comp even better, but I’m assuming that FFH will play more frontloaded in this post-Endgame world even if reception is good.

I think the run will be almost cloning. I expect around $50-55mn OD and then same legs. 

2 hours ago, Menor said:

So FFH has already crushed Captain Marvel's Day 1 on Pulse, at 9,640 vs Captain Marvel's 5,983, and the trailer is rapidly approaching 1 million likes on Sony's channel alone. Incredible start for it

That's a surprise. Anyone have MT data for CM?

33 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Well, actually, today's update was at 1pm.  He didn't get it to me until later.

Wow, so 550K for Far From Home is pretty damn good than considering tickets/trailer drop was about 9am this morning. 

11 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

What time is showing. Just wanna see the trend of late shows being low 

Here are the numbers for my shows:

Start time Showings Seats sold
4:00-4:45PM 15 31.6
5:00-5:45PM 4 22.3
6:00-6:45PM 7 69.3
7:00-7:45PM 15 83.9
8:00-8:45PM 3 24.7
9:00-9:45PM 8 46.8
10:00-10:45PM 9 28.9
11:00-12:30AM 4 9.3