grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

2 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Shazam final Tuesday was the first day of endgame pre sales which overshadowed it 

Detective pikachu won’t have that problem. Spider-Man did amazing first day but never effect detective pikachu 

I mean to be fair FFH most likely won't end up being the 2nd ever 350+ OW.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Im checking places like movie tickets and box office pulse but i guess i cant seem to know where to look for tracking presales ect. As a newbie just wondering what i should be lookinf at on those sites

1 minute ago, Minnale101 said:

Omg 

detective pikachu and john wick are really going nuts right now. Past 2 hours 

Are you talking about on pulse?
Because their % is about the same as it has been, with FFH and Endgame far above them.

The raw number of tickets sold increases throughout the day for all films. 
The % is what should be looked at to assess how the film is doing over the course of the day. And those films have remained relatively stable through the day.

Just now, Tinalera said:

Im checking places like movie tickets and box office pulse but i guess i cant seem to know where to look for tracking presales ect. As a newbie just wondering what i should be lookinf at on those sites

This is best tool 

amazing google speard sheet 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q-1UceCRkSh3BraIvvm0XDJyoUJsyrq8oOufQvjP7Qk/htmlview#

• Thanks 2

Just now, VanillaSkies said:

Are you talking about on pulse?
Because their % is about the same as it has been, with FFH and Endgame far above them.

The raw number of tickets sold increases throughout the day for all films. 
The % is what should be looked at to assess how the film is doing over the course of the day. And those films have remained relatively stable through the day.

Not comparing them to endgame or Spider-Man. Spider-Man I’m expecting a 175-200 million dollar opening 

endgame is a movie that’s been released and probably doing 10 + million today 

But the surge I see from detective pikachu and John wick is impressing me 

Just now, Minnale101 said:

Not comparing them to endgame or Spider-Man. Spider-Man I’m expecting a 175-200 million dollar opening 

endgame is a movie that’s been released and probably doing 10 + million today 

But the surge I see from detective pikachu and John wick is impressing me 

What surge though?
It's been close to the same % all day long. 

I'm not comparing it to those films in terms of raw dollars, but the entire point of pulse it to compare all films to one another using a % system. 

When a film's% stays relatively stable all day long, I wouldn't call that a surge. If it had started to overtake 10% or so by days end, that I would have said was a good, sustained surge. 

Just now, VanillaSkies said:

What surge though?
It's been close to the same % all day long. 

I'm not comparing it to those films in terms of raw dollars, but the entire point of pulse it to compare all films to one another using a % system. 

When a film's% stays relatively stable all day long, I wouldn't call that a surge. If it had started to overtake 10% or so by days end, that I would have said was a good, sustained surge. 

I’ll wait until 1pm est when tracking for today ends and I’ll tell why I’m impressed 

ill compare the numbers to other films. That I think are good comparisons 

7 minutes ago, Tinalera said:

Here are the hourly Fandango sales from pulse over the last 24 hour period.

Generally a very efficient tool for analyzing presales.

http://akvalley.pythonanywhere.com/static/fandango_past24hours.txt

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Holy moly thank you!!  Ive been trying to catch up and learn tools and what to look for its a lot to learn. That sheet is awesome. 

Edited by Tinalera
Added text
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Minnale101 said:

I’ll wait until 1pm est when tracking for today ends and I’ll tell why I’m impressed 

ill compare the numbers to other films. That I think are good comparisons 

Comparing to that very google spreadsheet you posted, it's miles behind Antman and the Wasp's Monday number, and only a little over Spiderverse.

Also, 1pm est was about 10 hours ago... I think you mean 1am est.

2 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

Comparing to that very google spreadsheet you posted, it's miles behind Antman and the Wasp's Monday number, and only a little over Spiderverse.

Also, 1pm est was about 10 hours ago... I think you mean 1am est.

You comparing a CBM to a family movie.....

thats not how it works. CBM are always pre sale heavy and family are walk up heavy 

Edited by Minnale101