grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

6 hours ago, Taruseth said:

56 days, what???

Isn't that early as f*ck...

And did only previews or the whole weekend go on sale already?

Been busy with other threads (shocking, I know) so I couldn't get to this 'till now.

In the Sacto region, at least, tickets are up through Friday, Jul 5th.  the vast majority of tickets sold for FFH were Jul 2nd and beyond, as there relatively fewer midnight screenings nationwide, near as I can tell.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Pluse maybe be broken again 

Seeing ticket sales for 11:58am PDT and beyond.  Hopefully just delayed and not broken.

Know soon enough.

• Like 2

My theater has set up the showtimes for the weekend and Detective Pikachu is getting 3 screens (the biggest non-PLF auditorium and two medium-sized ones). Most theaters around me are booking it for 2 screens as well. $60M weekend looks where it'll land with the way theaters are booking it around me.

• Like 1

As for KotM in Sacramento, a non-reserved seating theater has two showings up in the region and that's it.

Think I'll probably do what I did for FB2 and just keep a note of minor pre-sales for any reserved seating theaters in town, but only launch the tracker when they officially go on sale with an announcement. Also I'll make a note about 'early pre-sales' on the very first report I do in a parenthetical for the 'tickets sold that day' field.

Presuming their is an official announcement, that is.

• Like 2

Just now, Porthos said:

As for KotM in Sacramento, a non-reserved seating theater has two showings up in the region and that's it.

Think I'll probably do what I did for FB2 and just keep a note of minor pre-sales for any reserved seating theaters in town, but only launch the tracker when they officially go on sale with an announcement. Also I'll make a note about 'early pre-sales' on the very first report I do in a parenthetical for the 'tickets sold that day' field.

Presuming their is an official announcement, that is.

I think this is less like 'official' early pre-sales and more just theaters going "fuck it". I didn't get a notice from AMC that tickets were on sale yet myself and my theater doesn't have it up.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Rn on akvalley going back to yesterday.

KoTM-40

This is insane seeing how this is just people stumbling upon it and using Fandango to buy tickets.

KoTM-55

• Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I mean I need to look the part for my Godzilla cheerleading. :ph34r:

Would you be upset if I was going to ask if it was from that episode of Game of Thrones episode that everyone was complaining about being too dark to see what was happening in it? :ph34r:

Sorry. :blush:  But it IS kinda hard to make out at a glance. :lol:

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Porthos said:

Would you be upset if I was going to ask if it was from that episode of Game of Thrones that everyone was complaining about being too dark to see what was happening in it? :ph34r:

I definitely noticed it don't worry. 😢 It's the only G-2014 pic I have that's small enough for the forum. If anyone'd be willing to resize one of my...many...many...G-2014 screenshots I'd appreciate it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Would you be upset if I was going to ask if it was from that episode of Game of Thrones episode that everyone was complaining about being too dark to see what was happening in it? :ph34r:

That awkward moment when I was literally gonna ask the same question but figured no one would get what I was talking about :ph34r:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I definitely noticed it don't worry. 😢 It's the only G-2014 pic I have that's small enough for the forum. If anyone'd be willing to resize one of my...many...many...G-2014 screenshots I'd appreciate it.

I could re-size one for you, host it temporarily (say and hour or two 'till you grab it), and then delete it if you want.

• Like 1