grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

14 hours ago, Mulder said:

Final count of today, only Thursdays-

Aladdin-69, 7 screenings (2 IMAX, 2 3D, 2 Regular+Fan Screening)

Detective Pikachu-188 (+16), 6 screenings (3 3D, 3 Regular) Final Week

John Wick-94 (+8), 4 screenings (2 IMAX, 2 Regular)

Ngl maybe I'm just looking too deep into this but Aladdin selling absolutely no tickets today is a bit...concerning to me. Anyways Pikachu did nicely today, not as much as yesterday but it's definitely making progress also John Wick's still doing absolutely crazy pre-sales for the kind of movie it is. In total today Detective Pikachu sold 16 tickets, John Wick sold 8, and Aladdin sold 0.

First count of today, only Thursdays-

Aladdin-69, 7 screenings (2 IMAX, 2 3D, 2 Regular+Fan Screening)

Detective Pikachu-205 (+17), 6 screenings (3 3D, 3 Regular) Final day

John Wick-96 (+2), 4 screenings (2 IMAX, 2 Regular)

Hopefully Pikachu continues to grow today.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Mulder said:

Final update for tonight

KoTM-176 if I go with the count I've been doing today

KoTM-195 if I go with the count I did rn of all the tickets sold on Pulse.

Tldr fucking insane numbers.

Since I stopped counting last night-

KoTM-384

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

3 minutes ago, Mulder said:

KoTM-384

Btw I did this with the smaller count. I'll update the bigger cumulative count when the day's over.

2 minutes ago, Mulder said:

KoTM-384

Gotta be honest, i dont really know how "good" this number really is. It seems very good to me though since there is still no presales-starting announcement i think.

18 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Aladdin-69,

Guess Aladdin and Jasmine showed each other A Whole New World that night 😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 2
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

Gotta be honest, i dont really know how "good" this number really is. It seems very good to me though since there is still no presales-starting announcement i think.

Yeah I'm not sure how good it is numbers wise either, I know @Porthos said he'll compare it to FB2's pre-pre sales numbers today seeing how I doubt WB'll announce KoTM tickets today. However to me at least, them being so high without any kind of announcement seems good on paper at least. I've only seen this talked about on here, r/Godzilla (Which is very small), and one person on my YT feed on mobile said that some theaters had them on sale but his post only had 100+ likes when I saw it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mulder said:

KoTM-384

This is just before that FB2 post I found last night:

On 10/12/2018 at 7:48 AM, CoolEric258 said:

Upcoming releases

Movie/Day Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday

Halloween 1535 1659 2260 2155

Indivisible 0 0 0 5

Bohemian 254 281 358 302
Nutcracker 0 45 103 52

Fantastic Beasts 1 31 220 208

I think the first two FB2 numbers were when it was literally at a handful of places (and not nearly the amount KotM is currently at), so I'd use the last two numbers as a good 24/48 hour comp since there was a bit of a built in fanbase with FB2.

EDIT::

Already got you covered, @Mulder. 👍

Might keep digging (say way back to DP2?), but I think that's the best possible comp at the moment.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Guess Aladdin and Jasmine showed each other A Whole New World that night 😏

This is a nice way to put it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

This is just before that FB2 post I found last night:

I think the first two FB2 numbers were when it was literally at a handful of places (and not nearly the amount KotM is currently at), so I'd use the last two numbers as a good 24/48 hour comp since there was a bit of a built in fanbase with FB2.

Honestly it even matching FB with the fanbase boost FB had is incredibly impressive to me, but maybe I'm reading it wrong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Dark Phoenix-38

Looked at the starting number for KOTM and this is below it by 2 tickets. We'll see if the gap grows/gets smaller.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nova said:

When I talked shit about the 4PM time slot but the last two days it’s been carrying Pikachu on its back at my theater :ph34r:

Same. Over the past 24 hours, my theater has gone from 16% capacity for the 4PM to 47% currently. The evening screenings are at 66%, 17% and 8% (the latter two were just added.)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Honestly it even matching FB with the fanbase boost FB had is incredibly impressive to me, but maybe I'm reading it wrong.

The one note of caution is we don't know how many theaters are selling early (for instance, locally there's more up in Sacto now than there was for FB2 before official announcement).  But I'd say that's a relatively small note of caution as it is showing strength regardless.

It's not a bad sign, I'll put that way.  How good of a sign is what remains to be seen. 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

The one note of caution is we don't know how many theaters are selling early (for instance, locally there's more up in Sacto now than there was for FB2).  But I'd say that's a relatively small note of caution as it is showing strength regardless.

It's not a bad sign, I'll put that way.  How good of a sign is what remains to be seen. 

Im already getting nervous even if im reading a totally harmless and constructive sentence like this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, A Star is Orm said:

Same. Over the past 24 hours, my theater has gone from 16% capacity for the 4PM to 47% currently. The evening screenings are at 66%, 17% and 8% (the latter two were just added.)

Good to hear. Hope walk ups help out the night shows 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

Im already getting nervous even if im reading a totally harmless and constructive sentence like this.

I'd say focus more on Porthos saying it's not a bad sign. 😄

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Looked at the starting number for KOTM and this is below it by 2 tickets. We'll see if the gap grows/gets smaller.

(re: Dark Phoenix)

I refuse.

Just telling every last tracker in this thread: I. Refuse. j1aUlyv.gif j1aUlyv.gif j1aUlyv.gif

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 4