grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

Btw I'm more tracking Dark Phoenix to see if KoTM's pre-pre sales are anything special and so I have a fairly similar comp to KoTM, only thing being that superhero movies tend to be more pre-sales heavy.

• Like 1

I’d argue that out of the three openers this week, Poms or The Hustle would be the more date night movie. I have a hard time buying a PG movie in general is a date night film or for friends getting together, as I doubt most adults who don’t have kids or into Pokémon are invested in this.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

if the two are pokemon fans then yes. ;)

Remember when Pokemon Go had a dating ap created about people finding their Ash or Misty?

missed some things, how is detective pikachu pre sales as of now ?  any idea about ow ?

Yeah the gap between Phoenix and KoTM is growing now. 20 ticket gap compared to where KoTM was at when it updated yesterday. Though like Porthos said, might be from less theaters having it up potentially.

Edited by Mulder
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

MT update. Pikachu is almost at 10%!

tumblr_pr7bx8rU1M1qf5hjqo1_1280.png

May be one of the Mods with access to older tracking thread can post where Inside Out was at the similar point. It faced JW which had opened to 210m just few days early. Endgame is in 2nd week and had grossed 147m previous weekend.

I dont think this is pointing to a breakout way above tracking.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

MT update. Pikachu is almost at 10%!

tumblr_pr7bx8rU1M1qf5hjqo1_1280.png

5 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

May be one of the Mods with access to older tracking thread can post where Inside Out was at the similar point. It faced JW which had opened to 210m just few days early. Endgame is in 2nd week and had grossed 147m previous weekend.

@grim22 @DeeCee @aabattery

(might as well throw up the mod signal to a few who might be willing to do it and/or ask other mods to check to see if there is anything that can be found)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Jesus and JW had great holds. To me that makes Inside Outs run all the more impressive. Same goes for JW.

• Like 1

Detective Pikachu -- Previews -- AMC Willowbrook 24 

15 showtimes, 280 tickets sold of 2313 seats available (12.11%)

I don't really have any comps, as I typically only do blockbusters and only did this out of a request. It's way behind all of them, of course. 

Edited by VenomXXR
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mulder said:

KoTM-398

Dark Phoenix-41

Not even worth talking about the gap between DP and KoTM at this point in time, it's just going to get bigger. Though I feel like it has more to do with theaters putting up DP then anything else. I notice there's no tickets sold for DP in IMAX so idk if it's just people not wanting to go see it in IMAX or if IMAX theaters don't have it up. KoTM meanwhile has both IMAX 2D and 3D, so if I had to go with my gut instinct, it's more a result of what Porthos was saying with the FB2 comp.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Not even worth talking about the gap between DP and KoTM at this point in time, it's just going to get bigger. Though I feel like it has more to do with theaters putting up DP then anything else. I notice there's no tickets sold for DP in IMAX so idk if it's just people not wanting to go see it in IMAX or if IMAX theaters don't have it up. KoTM meanwhile has both IMAX 2D and 3D, so if I had to go with my gut instinct, it's more a result of what Porthos was saying with the FB2 comp.

Yeah I tried to pull up Phoenix tickets in my area and there's nothing available on Fandango. Meanwhile there's now FOUR PAGES of theaters in my area including my theater I go to ((And have been using to track)) that are available for KoTM. 

• Like 1