grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

4 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Hoping the PG rating gives it more walks than ant man and Jurassic fallen kingdom for premieres 

Jurassic Park is the King of walkups. Cant see Pikachu beating it.

Just now, Stewart said:

So, based on your theatre, anything between 7-10m is likely purely dependent on how walkups fare?

That would actually be fantastic. Unless your theatre is unusually overperforming

The only outlier in that group imo is Fallen Kingdom. I don’t think my theater is overperforming anymore given the comps that @Porthos has also given us. I believe we have a similar range for Ant-Man in terms of percentages for Thursday night. But as he mentioned, the lack of PLF screens and matinees may dent it’s numbers a bit so I’d decrease the ranges just a bit. 

$5M-$6M previews is what I’m hoping for. 

I will be using Menominee Falls to track Pikachu’s previews tonight. It has PLFs at least at this theater and the second biggest in Wisconsin so there’s some good in that and sales look decent.

Cause I’m lazy:

Pokemon: Detective Pikachu

Menominee Falls Cinema

5/9/19 

Menominee Falls, WI

4:00 - - SuperScreen

5:00 - - 3D

6:50 - - SuperScreen 

7:50 - 

9:45 - - SuperScreen 

10:30 - 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

Even if I doubt this possibility, this is the one I'm also hoping for - I love optimism on the boards:)...

I'm hoping for 67+ on each. Close enough and still good for both.

Anything over $65M should lock $200M DOM, while $60M gives it a good chance, providing it plays like a family film.

Personally still sticking to $50M-$60M OW, but that’s provided it plays less like a family film.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Anything over $65M should lock $200M DOM, while $60M gives it a good chance, providing it plays like a family film.

Personally still sticking to $50M-$60M OW, but that’s provided it plays less like a family film.

With how good Saturday bookings are in my threater compared to Friday 

I don’t know how this doesn’t play like a family friendly movie 

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I wouldn't say lock. Depends on WOM and May is packed. Could easily see 67/180 type result.

It depends on how it plays honestly. If it is more family friendly on OW even with Aladdin, Memorial Day should off set the fall and Godzilla 2 will help it thanks to double screenings.

• Like 3

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

It depends on how it plays honestly. If it is more family friendly on OW even with Aladdin, Memorial Day should off set the fall and Godzilla 2 will help it thanks to double screenings.

Godzilla + Pikachu, Japan finally rules Hollywood :D

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Yeah definitely could do 200 easily just not a lock. It's got end game all month, then everything else then it's late legs will be awful with the slate of stuff coming out. Seems like every movie is gonna have to tough. Lots of good stuff in the pipeline coming.

Edited by cdsacken

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

I don’t really like using the words locked when it comes to box office but maybe that has more to do with me being burned after using that term than anything else :ph34r:

End game comes to mind. I'm back to conservative mode haha. Well conservative for me at least.