grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

29 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Now I know why my notifications were lit up like a Xmas tree this morning. :lol:

I admit I got nervous last night seeing @DAJK's reports come in, but decided to just let the chips fall where they may.

Pleasantly surprised at seeing 5.7.  Makes me wish I put a little more conviction behind it now.  Oh well, good to be humble, I guess. :)

I don't know why, but I'm kinda feeling 12x.  Gut level read on that though.  That's certainly reasonable for 10x.  Doubt it'll be much higher than 70m. I'd be very surprised at a low 50. So sure, could see it.

But internal multi talk is something I'm really poor at so just take it as a surface level read and not much more.

I was definitely off last night. Probably comes from the problem of sampling only one theatre and making projections off of that. In the future I want to gather a larger sample size... maybe select multiple theatres throughout the country. But it'll take time to build comps, and I won't be able to manage all that once I go back to school.

Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up last night :lol: and congrats to @Porthos for being right on the money as usual :)

• Like 1

Just now, DAJK said:

I was definitely off last night. Probably comes from the problem of sampling only one theatre and making projections off of that. In the future I want to gather a larger sample size... maybe select multiple theatres throughout the country. But it'll take time to build comps, and I won't be able to manage all that once I go back to school.

Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up last night :lol: and congrats to @Porthos for being right on the money as usual :)

5.7 is pretty close to 6. It ended up in the middle of yours and Porthos' projection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not going to do an official count until later but at my theater KoTM hit about 40 tickets already. Might pass Aladdin's entire pre-sales in one day if this keeps up.

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

5 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Not going to do an official count until later but at my theater KoTM hit about 40 tickets already. Might pass Aladdin's entire pre-sales in one day if this keeps up.

:ohmygod:

I hope this is not all you buying shows out

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Same story at my local IMAX. Aladdin has only sold 7 seats for the 6:00 PM show up to now. For the 7:00 PM, Godzilla has already sold near 50 seats after a day of pre-sales.

• Astonished 2

Hoping presales come in good but wasn’t Skull Island very walk up heavy? 

Loke i said before Godzilla could end up being in a perfect spot.. especially if Aladdin crashes. 

Edited by Cookson
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Cookson said:

Hoping presales come in good but wasn’t Skull Island very walk up heavy? 

Loke i said before Godzilla could end up being in a perfect spot.. especially if Aladdin crashes. 

Skull Island indeed was very walk-up heavy. In an ideal world KoTM would end up with strong pre-sales and strong walk-ups but we'll see.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Skull Island indeed was very walk-up heavy. In an ideal world KoTM would end up with strong pre-sales and strong walk-ups but we'll see.

We could make a prayer circle.

Just now, Brainbug said:

We could make a prayer circle.

I don't think it needs it if these pre-sales pull through. Excited to hear what pre-sales prediction god @Porthos has to say after his count tonight.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mulder said:

First count of today, only Thursdays-

Godzilla: KoTM-26, 8 screenings (3 IMAX, 3 3D, 2 Regular)

Aladdin-68, 7 screenings (2 IMAX, 2 3D, 2 Regular+Fan Screening)

John Wick-103, 4 screenings (2 IMAX, 2 Regular) Final Week

KoTM's ticket sales are already higher then Aladdin's first day in only the first half hour at my theater.

Mid-day count of today (Just doing KoTM because no real point in doing it for Aladdin or Wick considering earlier), only Thursdays-

Godzilla: KoTM-47, 8 screenings (3 IMAX, 3 3D, 2 Regular), First Day

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mulder said:

Mid-day count of today (Just doing KoTM because no real point in doing it for Aladdin or Wick considering earlier), only Thursdays-

Godzilla: KoTM-47, 8 screenings (3 IMAX, 3 3D, 2 Regular), First Day

This is higher then Aladdin's 26 first day of presales at my theater, we'll see how much it increases tonight. Hoping it can pass Aladdin's 68 tickets but we'll see.

• Like 2