grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

Just now, Tinalera said:

Whats the general view of detective pikachu? Any chance of legging it out or is it what we see is what we get?

Legs aren't looking too hot rn.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tinalera said:

Whats the general view of detective pikachu? Any chance of legging it out or is it what we see is what we get?

It definitely deserves legs, but probably is going to top out around 145 imo

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Galactic Specter said:

Another potential franchise for Legendary has been snuffed out :gold:

I was just thinking. Legendary has had some terrible luck. Really only the Monsterverse has proven its worth. Ironically Godzilla 2 is out soon...

54 minutes ago, DAJK said:

It definitely deserves legs, but probably is going to top out around 145 imo

On 11/12/2018 at 1:14 PM, CoolEric258 said:

The meltdowns when this only does around 185M DOM/675M WW are going to be glorious

Guess the thread this was posted in. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: 

1 hour ago, Mulder said:

I blame Pokemon Company more then Legendary for this.

I agree 100%. 

I remember back in 2016 at the height of Pokémon Go, the film rights for Pokémon where being fought over between major studios including Sony and Warner Bros. (without Legendary). Suddenly they all backed out and Legendary won surprisingly. I assume the conversation that went down was TPM telling everyone that they weren’t gonna produce Pokémon Red and Blue or an adaptation of the anime with Ash Ketchum, and instead/or that they were gonna start with Detective Pikachu, causing everyone but Legendary to drop negotiations.

The first trailer may have blown up but, as evident by recent comments that are reflected by declining trailer views, the novelty of seeing live action Pokémon was what brought people to see the trailer, not the movie. If they wanted to build hype, maybe they should’ve done the Godzilla 1998/Godzilla 2014 approach of hiding certain Pokémon (like Mewtwo) from the trailers, hell they could’ve done the “who’s that Pokémon” segment from the anime as a way to build buzz.

But alas the time had passed. 

Edited by JGAR4LIFE

Just now, JGAR4LIFE said:

I agree 100%. 

I remember back in 2016 at the height of Pokémon Go, the film rights for Pokémon where being fought over between major studios including Sony and Warner Bros. (without Legendary). Suddenly they all backed out and Legendary won surprisingly. I assume the conversation that went down was TPM telling everyone that they weren’t gonna produce Pokémon Red and Blue or an adaptation of the anime with Ash Ketchum, and instead/or that they were gonna start with Detective Pikachu, causing everyone one to drop negotiations.

The first trailer may have blown up but, as evident by recent comments that are reflected by declining trailer views, the novelty of seeing live action Pokémon was what brought people to see the trailer, not the movie. If they wanted to build hype, maybe they should’ve do the Godzilla 1998/Godzilla 2014 approach of hiding certain Pokémon (like Mewtwo) from the trailers, hell they could’ve done the “who’s that Pokémon” segment from the anime as a way to build buzz.

But alas the time had passed. 

Pokemon Company revealing what they'd give everyone was definitely what made everyone drop their bids for it.

Its been an interesting view. I was expecting perhaps a bit more, thought that pokemon go might get more people from a casual point but i guess not. I admit i dont know a lot but friends of mine who are poke fans have also mentioned sony, pokemon company, detective pika is a spinoff gamewise of pokemon ect....apparently differences of opinion among various groups

• Like 1

Wick 3 peaked a while back and never increased from what I posted earlier.  Slowly drifting down as preview Thr presumably starts to roll off:

Fandango Sales Past 24 Hours
Since: 2019-05-16 21:00:00 (US/Central - Chicago)

RANK	PERCENT	TICKETS	MOVIE
1	46.687%	35839	John Wick Chapter 3 – Parabellum
2	17.655%	13553	Avengers Endgame (2019)
3	11.467%	8803	Pokémon Detective Pikachu
4	03.731%	2864	A Dogs Journey
5	02.698%	2071	The Hustle (2019)
6	01.929%	1481	Long Shot
7	01.704%	1308	Aladdin (2019) 
8	01.601%	1229	The Sun Is Also a Star
9	01.409%	1082	Fandango Early Access Rocketman
10	01.407%	1080	The Intruder (2019)
11	01.096%	841	Avengers Endgame  (2019)

====

Aladdin moved back into slot #6 with an extra 272 sets of tickets.  Move into the Fandango Top Five on Monday, maybe?   Guess it'll depend on just how far behind it is from The Hustle on Sun night.

• Like 2