grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

15 hours ago, Mulder said:

Final count of today, just Thursdays-

Godzilla: KoTM-203 (+10), 8 screenings (3 IMAX, 3 3D, 3 Regular) Final week

Dark Phoenix-83 (+6), 6 screenings (1 IMAX, 2 3D, 2 Regular+Fan Screening)

SLoP 2-5, 4 screenings (2 3D, 2 Regular)

Today was a pretty good day for Godzilla and Phoenix. Godzilla crossed 200 today, faster then any of the other releases I've tracked, and Phoenix sold a decent amount today. SLoP2 though.... In total Godzilla sold 10 tickets and Phoenix sold 6.

First count of today, just Thursdays-

Godzilla: KoTM-206 (+3), 8 screenings (3 IMAX, 3 3D, 3 Regular) Final week

Dark Phoenix-86 (+3), 6 screenings (1 IMAX, 2 3D, 2 Regular+Fan Screening)

• Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

So we can 90% rule out a surprise 90+ mil opening? :( 

This makes it sounds so negative!

I'll take a 10% chance for this to do 90m+ opening any day :D 

• Like 2

Silvercity london. Thursday may 30

Godzilla King of monsters 

IMAX

4pm 19/323 (+7)  
7pm 32/ 323 (+6) 
10pm 9/ 323(+3)

Westmount 
Godzilla     Thurs may 30
VIP
615 7/59 (+2)  

930 9/59(+4)

• Thanks 4

Where was zilla 14 around this time.

it was already in top 3 previous week to release(after amazing spidey opened close to 100m).  on monday of the release it already hit 41% of MT tickets. Neighbors had opened to 49m previous weekend and spidey crashed to 35m.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Where was zilla 14 around this time.

it was already in top 3 previous week to release(after amazing spidey opened close to 100m).  on monday of the release it already hit 41% of MT tickets. Neighbors had opened to 49m previous weekend and spidey crashed to 35m.

2014's too far back to be a meaningful comp.

• Like 2

Does anyone of you guys have information on how monster movies perform in the Midwest because I’m wondering if Godzilla overperforming at my theater is somewhat of an anomaly.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Does anyone of you guys have information on how monster movies perform in the Midwest because I’m wondering if Godzilla overperforming at my theater is somewhat of an anomaly.

Oddly enough I was wondering if Godzilla doing as well as it's been doing in NY and NJ was an anomaly myself.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

17 PT 5/26/19 (End of Sun)  

1	51.2%	Aladdin
2	12.6%	John Wick:Chapter 3 - Parabellum
3	12%	Avengers: Endgame
4	7.3%	Pokémon Detective Pikachu
5	3.2%    Booksmart   

Not sure how things will move on the holiday Mon, but a bit surprised to see Endgame within striking distance of Wick today. Overall not much movement. Think we’ll see Zilla show up Tuesday.

17 PT 5/27/19 (End of Memorial Mon)  

1	51.9%	Aladdin
2	12.5%	John Wick:Chapter 3 - Parabellum
3	10.8%	Avengers: Endgame
4	7.7%	Pokémon Detective Pikachu
5	3%      Booksmart  

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Mulder said:

2014's too far back to be a meaningful comp.

Relative comps will not change even if overall % of online sales have gone up. while that market has increased its not like comparing 90's era to today. Even in 2014 20% of tickets were sold through Fandango and MT.com. In fact today its spread out across multiple platforms(Apart from Fandango and MT.com, we have Atom and more important apps of individual chains). People subscribing to AMC A list dont use any of the 3rd party. Anyway now Fandango owns MT.com and so I am expecting its numbers to not be substantially different form 2014.

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

Relative comps will not change even if overall % of online sales have gone up. while that market has increased its not like comparing 90's era to today. Even in 2014 20% of tickets were sold through Fandango and MT.com. In fact today its spread out across multiple platforms(Apart from Fandango and MT.com, we have Atom and more important apps of individual chains). People subscribing to AMC A list dont use any of the 3rd party. Anyway now Fandango owns MT.com and so I am expecting its numbers to not be substantially different form 2014.

Your bias is overt my guy.

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

Everyone has some bias. I hope I am wrong but signs are not good.

Except it's not, there's a lot of other factors between G-2014's release date in 2014 and time vs now, the biggest of which being a 4 day weekend.