grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

14 hours ago, Mulder said:

Godzilla: KoTM-207 (+4), 8 screenings (3 IMAX, 3 3D, 3 Regular) Final week

Dark Phoenix-90 (+7), 6 screenings (1 IMAX, 2 3D, 2 Regular+Fan Screening)

SLoP2-5, 4 screenings (2 3D, 2 Regular)

Yeah not going to sugar coat, today was a bad day for Godzilla. Really wanted to see it doing more then just four tickets today, not sure if it was from Memorial Day or what but...not good. Fml. Today Phoenix sold 7 tickets and Godzilla sold 4.

First count of today, only Thursdays-

Godzilla: KoTM-210 (+3), 8 screenings (3 IMAX, 3 3D, 3 Regular) Final week

Dark Phoenix-90, 6 screenings (1 IMAX, 2 3D, 2 Regular+Fan Screening)

And with that I'm out of here until after the reviews drop...like hours later.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Mulder said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115ced82f3752e4f484d

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

1) Called it.

2) Poor KotM. :sadno:

I'm curious to see what kind of numbers TS4 can do in the next 6 hours. As for KOTM....

Hopefully it can still be on the level of Pika and Shazam. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

1) Called it.

2) Poor KotM. :sadno:

3 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Are we going to have more messed up comps from Toy Story 4 opening today..........great.

Welllll, it still is a family film/children's film even if it has a VERY strong nostalgia base with adults.  So it probably won't be too bad.  But might be a factor, sure.

I am very curious about TS4. We should get tracking this thursday as well. it should get a Pop on day 1.

Anyway that should have little impact on Zilla which is opening in 2 days. People who want to see Zilla will book tickets. But it needs a pop so that Plexes seeing the demand increase screen count. I think it will get that today.

I will predict 7m previews for Zilla as I don’t see a problem for it to hit Aladdin PS numbers at least for thursday.

Guys, Toy Story isn't gonna sell that many tickets lmao. Incredibles only got about 2,000 tickets on its first day of presales, and this has way less hype and urge to buy in advance by comparison

• Like 6

1 minute ago, VenomXXR said:

I'm curious to see what kind of numbers TS4 can do in the next 6 hours.

Not steamrolling on Arden yet though just 30 minutes in.  Like I said, this is still a G rated family film so expectations should be held in check a bit.

Actually really am curious to see what'll be like when I fire up my initial report in 10 hours (it's right at the cutoff line for me to want to do a report tonight). In the middle of making my seat map right now, as a matter of fact.

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Guys, Toy Story isn't gonna sell that many tickets lmao. Incredibles only got about 2,000 tickets on its first day of presales, and this has way less hype and urge to buy in advance by comparison

This.  I'm actually more interested in overall seats available than anything else, as that should point to initial expectations for local theaters.

1 hour ago, Mulder said:

16 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

1 minute ago, Mulder said:

Did a quick eyeball at Toy Story 4's numbers at my theater and they're honestly...really good for a family movie? Will be including it in my end of the day count.

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Not steamrolling on Arden yet though just 30 minutes in.  Like I said, this is still a G rated family film so expectations should be held in check a bit.

Actually really am curious to see what'll be like when I fire up my initial report in 10 hours (it's right at the cutoff line for me to want to do a report tonight). In the middle of making my seat map right now, as a matter of fact.

I mean I don't have any delusions about the early numbers, I'm just interested to see what it does. For instance, SLOP2 is currently at 14 tickets sold at my theater. TS4 has sold 6 in the first 45 minutes of ticket sales. Can it get to 50 by the end of the day?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Will you report on TS4's first day? I feel comparison to I2 could be very good, even if not on the same level but just for relative terms.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stewart said:

Will you report on TS4's first day? I feel comparison to I2 could be very good, even if not on the same level but just for relative terms.

Of course. Maybe not tonight, but hopefully tomorrow

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1