grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

6 minutes ago, Tinalera said:

How do i get rid of that striking ?

Have you characther in there like ' >, [ or anything like that, I had an issue with those not so long ago, you trying editing any non-letter characther if you have any in your message and see what happen.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Have you characther in there like ' >, [ or anything like that, I had an issue with those not so long ago, you trying editing any non-letter characther if you have any in your message and see what happen.

Thanks ill give it a check. 

1	18.972%	7125	Toy Story 4
2	15.247%	5726	The Secret Life of Pets 2
3	12.256%	4603	Aladdin (2019)
4	10.323%	3877	Men in Black International
5	05.762%	2164	Rocketman
6	04.934%	1853	Dark Phoenix
7	04.457%	1674	Godzilla King of the Monsters (2019)
8	04.029%	1513	John Wick Chapter 3 – Parabellum
9	03.725%	1399	Shaft (2019)
10	03.443%	1293	Avengers Endgame (2019)

Hot Damn EG I'm shocked I love it. Toy Story excellent.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, cdsacken said:

1	18.972%	7125	Toy Story 4
2	15.247%	5726	The Secret Life of Pets 2
3	12.256%	4603	Aladdin (2019)
4	10.323%	3877	Men in Black International
5	05.762%	2164	Rocketman
6	04.934%	1853	Dark Phoenix
7	04.457%	1674	Godzilla King of the Monsters (2019)
8	04.029%	1513	John Wick Chapter 3 – Parabellum
9	03.725%	1399	Shaft (2019)
10	03.443%	1293	Avengers Endgame (2019)

Hot Damn EG I'm shocked I love it. Toy Story excellent.

Super .... 

10 hours ago, Menor said:

FFH vs CM comparison (14 days before release)

FFH - Mon: 3094, Tue: 20875, Wed: 3917, Thurs: 2610, Fri: 2844, Sat: 3394, Sun: 1320. Total: 38054

CM - Thurs: 27171, Fri: 16110, Sat: 14969, Sun: 5952. Mon: 459, Tue: 1928, Wed: 154 Total: 66743

I won't worry about weekdays pre-sale as they are supposed to be walk-in or near release sellers. The true Tuesday is looking for a good $45mn plus. Midnight shall hit $5-10mn, the latter more likely.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Porthos said:

It does (well except for theaters that aren't signed up with Fandango).  But it's still a relative number based on a subset of all tickets sold through its platform.

Deep Wang's numbers, however, are absolute sales from a Major Theater Chain.

Basically they give complementary info.  DW, when he has it, gives the overlook of all sales from a single chain while Fandango provides relative data, if opaquely.  But since DW's is a hard number it can be a better data point when using it to compare to past films. 

Still have to factor in things like sales beyond the OW as well as possible over/under-performance at the MTC.  But generally speaking, it's a very valuable piece of info. :)

And that's how you write a however one line answer for 6 marks.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

And that's how you write a however one line answer for 6 marks.

*Googles 6 marks India school*

*glares*

At least it's a passing grade.  j1aUlyv.gif  

(I may be misunderstanding what exactly you're referencing, however.  Not quite sure I understand the mark system in question)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I won't worry about weekdays pre-sale as they are supposed to be walk-in or near release sellers. The true Tuesday is looking for a good $45mn plus. Midnight shall hit $5-10mn, the latter more likely.

They are definitely not just weekdays. 100% of schools/colleges are out and with thursday being July 4, wednesday is more like a friday. Plus many folks take break that week. That is why its opening Monday night.

At this point Spidey needs a boost and it probably will have to wait a week as this week Toy Story 4 dominates that buzz world. I hope they release reviews early to build buzz. Does anyone know when social media and review embargo lifts for this movie.

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Agreed on 45+ Tuesday but midnight 5-10 million? How do you figure that. Also @keysersoze123 social media reactions drop Wednesday

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Porthos said:

-snip-

explaining the joke : one line answer are usually for 1 mark. Sometime there are questions demanding a descriptive answer, whose main concept is just in one line, for 6 marks, so you have to over elaborate it.

That said, I wonder how's the exam pattern in USA.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Menor said:

Agreed on 45+ Tuesday but midnight 5-10 million? How do you figure that. Also @keysersoze123 social media reactions drop Wednesday

That's just instinct. If True Tuesday is going for $45mn plus, Midnight will be $5-10mn atleast going by historical numbers.

Now we can't rely on pre-sales to judge trend. Like the one you posted, I know jokingly. If Tuesday is $45mn plus ($50-55mn including previews) we will be expecting $35mn Wednesday followed by $25-27mn Thursday. 

Eventually $100-110mn FSS. We are set for $210-227mn.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder

12 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

They are definitely not just weekdays. 100% of schools/colleges are out and with thursday being July 4, wednesday is more like a friday. Plus many folks take break that week. That is why its opening Monday night.

At this point Spidey needs a boost and it probably will have to wait a week as this week Toy Story 4 dominates that buzz world. I hope they release reviews early to build buzz. Does anyone know when social media and review embargo lifts for this movie.

Well they are not selling like normal weekdays, if you comp to CM the weekday sales are well above it's weekdays, but well below sales for weekends. Very odd pattern due to the odd release schedule

Just now, Menor said:

Well they are not selling like normal weekdays, if you comp to CM the weekday sales are well above it's weekdays, but well below sales for weekends. Very odd pattern due to the odd release schedule

At this point I am looking at dailies relative to CM. It has to catch up at some point.