grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

7 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

I'm still waiting for my 32M :rofl:

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Frozen II preview number, obv. :ph34r:

If the Pika Pika stans could have their fun, why can't I? :Gaga:

Spoiler

Almost said TLK in my previous post.  But some people might have actually taken that one seriously. :ph34r:

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

12 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Pulse is useful but since we have realtime comscore data, that should be more useful to track.

TS4 could have OW as low as 130m or go as high as 150m. I think its all great though below expectations after crazy early tracking(even BOP increased OW to 160m).

of course realtime comscore data is the most useful .... but you need payment ID to enter in comscore ... not everyone has ID on comscore 

Just now, Sunny Max said:

of course realtime comscore data is the most useful .... but you need payment ID to enter in comscore ... not everyone has ID on comscore 

We have charlie and RTH giving us update. That is the most reliable number. Pulse is too small a sample data.

7 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

We have charlie and RTH giving us update. That is the most reliable number. Pulse is too small a sample data.

yeah .. so they have comscore ID .... am i right ??

Edited by Sunny Max

12 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I doubt it will be that low. Didn't Charlie update based on comscore already. I think it will be in low 40s. we could be looking at 130m OW unless it over performs with walk-ins.

Charlie is seeing 42+, said that 45-46 is possible.

11 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Frozen II preview number, obv. :ph34r:

I hate that I literally have the perfect gif for this but can't post it cause Avengers: Endgame spoilers are still in effect, despite the fact I think there's only one person here who hasn't seen it.

8 minutes ago, Porthos said:

If the Pika Pika stans could have their fun, why can't I? 

Spoiler

Cause unlike Pika, Frozen won't choke :Gaga:

8 minutes ago, Porthos said:
  Hide contents

Almost said TLK in my previous post.  But some people might have actually taken that one seriously. :ph34r:

:hahaha:

6 minutes ago, superduperm said:

How often does akvalley update?

Usually hourly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

I hate that I literally have the perfect gif for this but can't post it cause Avengers: Endgame spoilers are still in effect

Being bootlegged/ripped is an equally big no-no. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Porthos said:

If the Pika Pika stans could have their fun, why can't I? :Gaga:

Hide contents

Porthos, I hope you aren’t suggested sub 32M previews for TLK here 😉

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Porthos, I hope you aren’t suggested sub 32M previews for TLK here 😉

Gonna actually pivot to this and be serious for a sec.

What are we thinking about previews for TLK before a single ticket goes on sale, anyway?  I saw a suggestion in the low 20s (IIRC) from one of the more optimistic supporters of TLK on this board, so I was sorta using that as a baseline in my head.

Do think we should be cautious over-interpreting the one day/first 48 hour numbers as there does seem to be a rise on that end of the pre-sale spectrum (see in reference TS4).  Unless it completely blows expectations out of the water, naturally.

Genuinely curious to hear what people are expecting and what people would think is reasonable here.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Gonna actually pivot to this and be serious for a sec.

What are we thinking about previews for TLK before a single ticket goes on sale, anyway?  I saw a suggestion in the low 20s (IIRC) from one of the more optimistic supporters of TLK on this board, so I was sorta using that as a baseline in my head.

Do think we should be cautious over-interpreting the one day/first 48 hour numbers as there does seem to be a rise on that end of the pre-sale spectrum (see in reference TS4).  Unless it completely blows expectations out of the water, naturally.

Genuinely curious to hear what people are expecting and what people would think is reasonable here.

I'm thinking similar to Jurassic World, though a little more frontloaded as it's July, Disney and it's 2019.

JW did 18.5m for a 208.8m WE. i.e. 11.3x

If we say it's going for 220m OW, I'd say 20m as a goal, with a range of 18-22m based on whether it deviates from various factors

• Thanks 1