grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

47 minutes ago, Menor said:

TS4 will hit 72-74k or so on Pulse (hopefully), 37-39 seems like the range for True Friday. I guess a lot of seats have already been presold hence why it has slowed down in the afternoon much more than any other movie I've tracked

Wow I'm sad.

A full OD of sub-50 would suck big time. Wouldn't even beat Shrek the Poop.

I really hope you're wrong but you've been spot on. Goddamn it :(

1 minute ago, superduperm said:

Wow I'm sad.

A full OD of sub-50 would suck big time. Wouldn't even beat Shrek the Poop.

I really hope you're wrong but you've been spot on. Goddamn it :(

I would wait for Asgard estimate before getting sad, there should be at least one within a couple of hours.

2 minutes ago, Menor said:

I would wait for Asgard estimate before getting sad, there should be at least one within a couple of hours.

Yeah right ... but atleast we can get an idea through your tracking ..

As of now 61,840 on pulse ... 

2 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

Yeah right ... but atleast we can get an idea through your tracking ..

As of now 61,840 on pulse ... 

Very weak increase. @Neucentro seems to have been spot on about today's number at 69k, I was wrong and thought it would maintain the hyperspeed it was at in the morning, but it has slowed down quite a bit (I guess that morning rush ended up filling a lot of seats for night shows). So that would end up giving 36-38 again like what I thought at 7am lmao. Even to hit 69k it probably needs a few robust hourlies, could even fall below that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Menor said:

Very weak increase. @Neucentro seems to have been spot on about today's number at 69k, I was wrong and thought it would maintain the hyperspeed it was at in the morning, but it has slowed down quite a bit (I guess that morning rush ended up filling a lot of seats for night shows). So that would end up giving 36-38 again like what I thought at 7am lmao. Even to hit 69k it probably needs a few robust hourlies, could even fall below that.

he was spot on .... if movie fall below that number (69K) .. than it would be horrible ..  lets see .. next hours are very crucial ..

3 hours ago, Menor said:

I guess I got lucky this time. ;) 

When I checked TS4's hourly numbers against Dragon 3's yesterday, I noticed they got more frontloaded into the night. They went from 60% above Dragon 3's numbers during the day to only up 35% in the evening. That gave me an idea for my projection.

• Astonished 1

Nobody thought that Aladdin could pull $30 million for 3 days straight, even with Memorial Day Monday. There's no indication that TS4 will drop that drastically. Could still do $45-$50-$45 FSS. At least $45-$45-$40 for a $130 million OW.

16 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Nobody thought that Aladdin could pull $30 million for 3 days straight, even with Memorial Day Monday. There's no indication that TS4 will drop that drastically. Could still do $45-$50-$45 FSS. At least $45-$45-$40 for a $130 million OW.

$50M Sat is not happening. Dory and I2 barely increased from their true Fri. So expect TS4 Sat to be near $33M.

25 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

What was the final tracking number for TS4?  Can someone quote the post in here?

140 to 160 from the various trades.

I had a post in the TS4 thread that had them all. I'll see if I can find it and  edit it in here.

On 6/19/2019 at 5:32 PM, Porthos said:

Tracking right now (excluding lolDeadline 'some say') looks to be 140 to 160.

Variety:    "north of" 140

BOP:         149 (140-170 range)

Deadline: 160

I think anywhere in that range is more than acceptable, all things considered.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

140 to 160 from the various trades.

I had a post in the TS4 thread that had them all. I'll see if I can find it and  edit it in here.

After I made that post, BTW, THR decided to YOLO yesterday evening:

Box Office Preview: 'Toy Story 4' Targets Huge $150M-$200M U.S. Debut

Weren't any Deadline-ish weasel words, either:

A chest of beloved toys are expected to help rescue the summer box office from a bad case of franchise fatigue.

Pixar and Disney's critically acclaimed Toy Story 4 is pegged to debut in the $150 million-$200 million range in North America over the weekend, one of the best openings of all time for an animated feature — not to mention one of the biggest launches of the year.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Aladdin had an inflated Sunday with memorial day.

59 minutes ago, Neucentro said:

I guess I got lucky this time. ;) 

When I checked TS4's hourly numbers against Dragon 3's yesterday, I noticed they got more frontloaded into the night. They went from 60% above Dragon 3's numbers during the day to only up 35% in the evening. That gave me an idea for my projection.

Very nicely done

41 minutes ago, UserHN said:

$50M Sat is not happening. Dory and I2 barely increased from their true Fri. So expect TS4 Sat to be near $33M.

TS3’s Saturday had $37M in 2010.

This is very, very bad. I don’t get how people are defending this. It’s not good. OW could end up below Secret Life of Pets.